Hello my peoples! So yea… by the title you know this one is gonna be awesome! And, it is! Omg, I love red velvet everything! There is a local cupcake shop close to our house and they have the BEST cupcakes I have ever tasted. But, their red velvet are definitely at the top of the list! So I wanted to make some myself, and of course you know me, I had to really mix it up! I stuffed them with a little Hershey’s kiss and topped it with buttercream flavored with nutella… woah! These are just a little piece of Heaven!
Chocolate Stuffed Red Velvet Cupcakes with Nutella Frosting
Okay, I have a confession to make… (as you will see in the recipe, ha!) I used a box cake mix to make these. I know! But, I just loooove boxed cake mix, it’s easy and it always comes out light and fluffy like I like it! So, feel free to use another recipe for the cake mix, but I’m sticking to my trusty premade cake mix! Frosting adapted from Kitchen Treaty.
- 1 box red velvet cake mix, plus ingredients on back of the box
- 12 Hershey's kisses
- 1 stick butter, unsalted room temp
- 1 Cup powdered sugar
- ⅔ Cup Nutella
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- pinch of kosher salt
- 3 Tbls cool whip (or 2 Tbls heavy whipping cream)
- Preheat oven to directions on back of cake mix box. Make cake mix. Fill cupcake liners ⅓ of the way full. Place one hershey's kiss in the center. Cover with more batter until about ⅔ full.
- Bake according to directions on back of the box.
- Let cool on wire rack for 5 minutes, then take out and place cupcakes on wire rack and let cool completely.
- Make the frosting while the cakes cool. Cream together the butter and sugar with a hand mixer on low speed. Add in the nutella and whip on medium speed for 2 minutes. Add in the vanilla and salt, mix 30 more seconds. Add in the cool whip or cream and beat again for an additional minute until light and fluffy.
- Pipe on top of the cupcakes and add a couple chocolate chips for garnish, optional.
- Serve and enjoy!
Step by Step Directions
The kisses I think just add a nice little touch, a fun little surprise!
I hope you enjoyed these little cuties! What’s the best red velvet dessert you’ve ever had??
For more yummy inspiration, make sure to follow my food board on Pinterest!Pin It