It’s finally time to start busting out that grill my friends! I am sooo obsessed with these shrimp skewers, like seriously! They are sooo good, slightly sweet with the smokiness from the grill really let’s the Asian marinade shine! These are probably the best shrimp I have ever had, marinade wise. I am a hardcore lover of a simple shrimp cocktail but I’m equally as happy with these babies as well!
Asian Marinated Grilled Shrimp Skewers
The recipe for these cuties is inspired by a Bobby Flay recipe I found online years and years ago. But, since that one time I saw it I could never find it again! But, as always I switched up the recipe to our tastes, I don’t think Bobby will mind… do you?!
- 1 Pound large shrimp, shelled and de-veined (you can leave the tails on if you like, I took them off so we could shovel them in our mouths faster, ha!)
- 3 Tbls unsalted butter
- 2 Tbls soy sauce
- 2 tsp lime juice, fresh squeezed
- 1 tsp ginger, grated
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1½ Tbls sugar
- 2 green onions, bruised but not chopped
- Place all ingredients except for the shrimp in a sauce pan over medium heat. Let come to a simmer then take off the heat and let cool on the counter.
- Place shrimp and marinade in a bag or bowl covered in plastic wrap and marinade for at least an hour in the fridge. Try to let marinade around 3-5 hours but not longer.
- Take shrimp out of marinade and place on skewers. If using wooden skewers, let these soak over night in water.
- Grill over high heat until just cooked. Do not overcook or shrimp will become rubbery. This will only take about 3-4 minutes per side, depending how big the shrimp are. You can baste the shrimp with the marinade when they first hit the grill but after that, toss out the marinade.
- Serve and enjoy! These don't need any condiments, they are super flavorful and moist on their own!
Step by Step Directions
Oh yea! I could eat all of these myself, LOL! What is your favorite way to eat shrimp??
Looking for even more yummy inspiration? Follow my food board on Pinterest!