Asian Marinated Grilled Shrimp Skewers

It’s finally time to start busting out that grill my friends! I am sooo obsessed with these shrimp skewers, like seriously! They are sooo good, slightly sweet with the smokiness from the grill really let’s the Asian marinade shine! These are probably the best shrimp I have ever had, marinade wise. I am a hardcore lover of a simple shrimp cocktail but I’m equally as happy with these babies as well!

Asian Marinated Grilled Shrimp Skewers

Asian Marinated Grilled Shrimp Skewers, slightly sweet with the smokiness from the grill really let's the Asian marinade shine!

The recipe for these cuties is inspired by a Bobby Flay recipe I found online years and years ago. But, since that one time I saw it I could never find it again! But, as always I switched up the recipe to our tastes, I don’t think Bobby will mind… do you?!

Asian Marinated Grilled Shrimp Skewers

Ingredients
  • 1 Pound large shrimp, shelled and de-veined (you can leave the tails on if you like, I took them off so we could shovel them in our mouths faster, ha!)
  • 3 Tbls unsalted butter
  • 2 Tbls soy sauce
  • 2 tsp lime juice, fresh squeezed
  • 1 tsp ginger, grated
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1½ Tbls sugar
  • 2 green onions, bruised but not chopped
Instructions
  1. Place all ingredients except for the shrimp in a sauce pan over medium heat. Let come to a simmer then take off the heat and let cool on the counter.
  2. Place shrimp and marinade in a bag or bowl covered in plastic wrap and marinade for at least an hour in the fridge. Try to let marinade around 3-5 hours but not longer.
  3. Take shrimp out of marinade and place on skewers. If using wooden skewers, let these soak over night in water.
  4. Grill over high heat until just cooked. Do not overcook or shrimp will become rubbery. This will only take about 3-4 minutes per side, depending how big the shrimp are. You can baste the shrimp with the marinade when they first hit the grill but after that, toss out the marinade.
  5. Serve and enjoy! These don't need any condiments, they are super flavorful and moist on their own!

Step by Step Directions

Serve and enjoy! These don’t need any condiments, they are super flavorful and moist on their own!

Oh yea! I could eat all of these myself, LOL! What is your favorite way to eat shrimp??

Dana's-SignatureFor more grilled recipes, click on the links below the images!

CopyCat Cracker Barrel Grilled Chicken Tenderloins | Mexican Style Hot Dogs

Sweet Ginger Soy Ribs | Tex Mex Grilled Chicken Rice Bowl

Cilantro-Lime Marinated Flank Steak | The Best Grilled Chicken Tacos

Extra Tender BBQ Ribs | Sweet Ginger & Lime Chicken Kabobs

Looking for even more yummy inspiration? Follow my food board on Pinterest!

I participate in these linky parties and Orj Junkie.

Marisa says:
    April 4, 2014

I’m always looking for new grill recipe and I’m (ashamedly) just getting into shrimp. Thanks for the inspiration!

Nicky says:
    April 4, 2014

These look great Dana. I’m stopping by from Let’s Get Real Friday Link Party. I’m ready for the weather to warm up and get to grilling outside. Thanks for sharing these with us this week. I’ve pinned and stumbled your recipe.

Diane Balch says:
    April 4, 2014

Excellent zesty sauce to your shrimp. can’t wait for grilling time. Thanks for bringing this to foodie friday.

April 5, 2014

Ok. I am sooo picky about shrimp. I either love it or hate it. Just by the pix, I can tell that I will love this recipe. YUM! Trying it soon…pinned too. Have a great weekend. found at cheerios and lattes.

April 6, 2014

These look really great and easy too. I’ll definitely be trying them sometime soon!

Marti says:
    April 6, 2014

Oh my goodness, I love shrimp and this looks delicious! Thanks for sharing it with us. Pinned to the party board. 🙂

Catherine says:
    April 7, 2014

Dear Dana, These shrimp skewers look absolutely mouth watering! So easy and delicious. Stopping by from Saturday Show & Tell. I hope you have a wonderful week ahead. Blessings, Catherine

April 8, 2014

Perfect timing! I just got my first grill so I’m excited to start trying out new foods. Thanks for sharing!

Stephanie says:
    April 8, 2014

Saw you on the link up..My new thing is anything shrimp and this looks great!

Kristina says:
    April 8, 2014

Grilled! looks fun! Can’t wait to try. Thanks for linking it up to Snickerdoodle Sunday.

Toodie says:
    April 8, 2014

Well, even if Bobby minds, I don’t…I’m definitely trying this out this weekend! Looks so yummy!

April 8, 2014

These look wonderful! Thanks so much for sharing with the Let’s Get Real party. I’m pinning this to our group Pinterest board.

April 9, 2014

This looks delicious! I love shrimp and can’t wait to try this. It looks so full of flavor. Thanks for sharing!

April 11, 2014

Hi Dana! This looks delicious!! Just pinned it! Thanks for sharing. Fun to visit again from Wednesday Whatsits!

July 5, 2015

Yummo! So glad you shared this again at the recent Snickerdoodle Sunday link up. I’m pinning this!

Best wishes,
    Natasha in Oz

Joanna S. says:
    July 28, 2015

made this tonight and it was fantastic!!!

liz says:
    August 23, 2015

made these a few nights ago and loved them…doing them again tonight and trying the marinade with some beef to bbq with the shrimp
    great recipe

August 23, 2015

Sounds great! Let me know how this turns out, I never tried it with beef.

Amy says:
    October 13, 2015

These were delicious! Marinated for a little over an hour and cooked on a gas grill with all the burners on high. We got a bit of char in the outside but the shrimp stayed juicy and tender. Leftovers were great in salad the next day.

October 14, 2015

Perfect! So glad you loved them, thanks so much for letting us know how they came out!