Hi there! I’m in the mountains, yay! It is so gorgeous out here but I’m happy to say I was still able to bring you this delicious post! I have a super easy yet super yummy dessert for you! It combines two of my favorite flavor combos: chocolate with caramel and chocolate covered pretzels! I just love how it is salty and sweet at the same time, and I know you will love it too!
Easy Chocolate and Caramel Pie with Pretzel Crust
So, the other day while shopping at Walmart, I spotted these new Milky Way Simply Caramel Bites! They were in the candy aisle and at a separate display in the middle of the aisle.
I have tried different kinds of Bites in the past but never the Milky Way Simply Caramel. I’m glad I picked up two bags because Jeremy and I ate a bag while traveling up here to the mountains and the other bag I used to create today’s recipe!
- Chocolate filling:
- 7 oz. Milky Way Simply Caramel Bites
- 1 Cup heavy whipping cream, cold
- 4 Tbls sugar
- 4 oz chocolate chips
- 2 Tbls butter, unsalted
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Pretzel Crust:
- 2 Cups pretzels
- 8 Tbls butter, unsalted
- Store bought caramel sauce for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place pretzels in a food processor and turn into crumbs. Melt 8 Tbls butter in the microwave and pulse with the pretzel crumbs. Press into a pie dish and bake for 5 minutes, take out of oven and let cool on counter.
- For the filling, melt the chocolate with the butter in the microwave on 20 second intervals until smooth. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, add the whipping cream and vanilla. Add about 1 Tbls of the sugar and start to whip with a hand mixer. Add in the sugar 1 Tbls at a time and form stiff peaks.
- Place the chocolate and butter mixer in a large bowl and add half of the whipped cream. Mix to combine. Add the remaining whipped cream and fold in.
- Chop the Milky Way Simply Caramel Bites into a rough chop. Fold into the chocolate whipped cream mixture, saving some for garnish.
- Place the whipped cream mixture into the pretzel crust. Drizzle the caramel sauce on top and garnish with the chopped up Milky Way Simply Caramel Bites. Let set up in the refrigerator for at least an hour.
- Serve and enjoy!
Step by Step Directions
See, super easy right?! This was a huge hit and it tastes like you slaved in the kitchen all afternoon!
I’m going to let you in on a little secret:
Oh yea, coupons! I looove coupons. You can get $3.00 off two 6 oz. bags or larger OR $.75 off two 2.83 oz. bags. Also, you can join the #EatMoreBites Twitter party on Friday March 14th, from 1-2 pm eastern for a chance to win $550 in Walmart gift cards!
So, what do you think? Will you use this coupon to make my pie recipe, something of your own or just use them for snacking?!