I’m a huge appetizer freak. Many times Jeremy and I had a Sunday supper of just appetizers! These babies would be perfect for an occasion like that or for throwing a party! These potato bites are similar to twice baked potatoes but a touch more sophisticated. The addition of my beloved parmigiano reggiano really amps up the flavor!
Parmesan Potato Bites
- 3 pound bag red bliss potatoes
- 3 Tbls olive oil
- 6 Tbls butter
- ¼ Cup sour cream
- 2 Tbls parmigiano reggiano
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Scrub potatoes under water and place in oven safe dish. Pierce with fork or paring knife in a few spots all over the potatoes.
- Add the olive oil and salt and pepper. Toss with spoon or hands until evenly coated. Cover with foil and bake until a fork inserted has no resistance. About a hour and a half.
- When potatoes are done baking, let them sit on the counter until they are cool to the touch or at least 30 minutes.
- With a small spoon, scoop out the insides of the potatoes and place in a bowl. Be careful to not tear the skin. Add in the butter, sour cream, cheese and salt and pepper to taste. Mash with potato masher or the back of a fork until thoroughly combined. Fill the potato skins with the mixture and place back into the oven until just slightly browned on top and heated through. About 15 minutes.
- Serve with more cheese grated on top, enjoy!
Step by Step Directions
See, super yummy and easy! You could also have these babies as a side dish by doing about a half a recipe.
I hope you’ve enjoyed today’s recipe, what is your favorite way to prepare potatoes?!
Need even more yummy inspiration? Make sure to follow my food board on Pinterest!