Parmesan Potato Bites

I’m a huge appetizer freak. Many times Jeremy and I had a Sunday supper of just appetizers! These babies would be perfect for an occasion like that or for throwing a party! These potato bites are similar to twice baked potatoes but a touch more sophisticated. The addition of my beloved parmigiano reggiano really amps up the flavor!

Parmesan Potato Bites

Parmesan Potato Bites, roasted red bliss potatoes amped up into this amazing appetizer!

Parmesan Potato Bites

Ingredients
  • 3 pound bag red bliss potatoes
  • 3 Tbls olive oil
  • 6 Tbls butter
  • ¼ Cup sour cream
  • 2 Tbls parmigiano reggiano
  • salt and pepper to taste
Instructions
  1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Scrub potatoes under water and place in oven safe dish. Pierce with fork or paring knife in a few spots all over the potatoes.
  2. Add the olive oil and salt and pepper. Toss with spoon or hands until evenly coated. Cover with foil and bake until a fork inserted has no resistance. About a hour and a half.
  3. When potatoes are done baking, let them sit on the counter until they are cool to the touch or at least 30 minutes.
  4. With a small spoon, scoop out the insides of the potatoes and place in a bowl. Be careful to not tear the skin. Add in the butter, sour cream, cheese and salt and pepper to taste. Mash with potato masher or the back of a fork until thoroughly combined. Fill the potato skins with the mixture and place back into the oven until just slightly browned on top and heated through. About 15 minutes.
  5. Serve with more cheese grated on top, enjoy!

Step by Step Directions

Serve with more cheese grated on top, enjoy!

See, super yummy and easy! You could also have these babies as a side dish by doing about a half a recipe.

I hope you’ve enjoyed today’s recipe, what is your favorite way to prepare potatoes?!

Dana's-SignatureLooking for more appetizer ideas? Click on the images below to be taken to their recipes!

jfinal

eggfinal

mfinal

Need even more yummy inspiration? Make sure to follow my food board on Pinterest!

Tracking Pixel

I participate in these linky parties and Orj Junkie.

Angelina says:
    February 15, 2014

Hi, nice to “meet” you via a blog hop! I just love these parmesan potato bites–a great combo of 2 things my family loves! And it doesn’t look too hard or time consuming–which is a combination I do NOT love, ha! Pinned and shared! Thanks for the great post and beautiful pictures!

Kelly says:
    February 15, 2014

These look very yummy! Posted to Pinterest
    Kelly

February 15, 2014

These look delicious! I’d probably eat a whole plate of them if I had the chance! I love the idea of having just appetizers as a meal–I should do that sometime! Thanks for the inspiration!

Jennifer says:
    February 16, 2014

These look delicious! Definitely going to be trying this out!!

Krista says:
    February 17, 2014

Ohhhh, these look delicious!!! Can’t wait to try them!

February 17, 2014

You have the best recipes 🙂 These look super yummy and would go great paired with the crispy chicken tenders!! thanks for linking to Snickerdoodle!

7. Yummy – had to pin this recipe to try sometime. Your parmesan potato bites caught my eye over at the Link It Or Lump It Party!

February 17, 2014

I love potatoes, and this recipe is wonderful, pinned it to my veggie board. Followed you here from the Clever Chicks blog hop.

Marti says:
    February 18, 2014

These sound great!! Thank you for sharing it with us at Sewlicious Home Decor! Pinned to the party board! 🙂

Marti

Dee says:
    February 18, 2014

Yum! We love potatoes, and this version sounds awesome! 🙂

February 18, 2014

I can’t wait to try these. I could eat them for appetizer, entree and dessert! #SITS

BTW, also a fellow SoFab member. Wondering which Pinterest plug-in you’re using. It looks really nice.

12. These look so delicious! I love red skin potatoes but get tired of the same old way to serve them. Pinning and will be trying this soon!
    Found you through the Menu Plan Monday link up!

Stephanie says:
    February 19, 2014

I had to pin this recipe so I wouldn’t lose track of it. I love potatoes and cheese, so how can this go wrong?!

Jennifer says:
    February 19, 2014

I can’t feature you EVERY week on the Friday Flash Blog… as tempting as it is! Thanks for sharing… and I think I’m going to have to try this recipe 🙂

Jennifer @ The Jenny Evolution

Stephanie says:
    February 20, 2014

These look SO good, I bet my husband would adore these!

Lori Lehman says:
    February 21, 2014

These look delicious!!! Will be pinning these to the yum yum board!! Love your great pictures. Have a wonderful weekend!

Katie Adams says:
    February 22, 2014

Thanks for linking to Create Link Inspire at The Crafty Blog Stalker. You have been featured and pinned! Thank you for sharing.
    –Katie, TheCraftyBlogStalker.com

18. I’d eat the whole plate, they sound super yummy! Thanks for linking up at Sweet and Savoury Sunday, stop by and link up again this weekend!