Welcome back to another Tuesday and another series post! This month has been all about chicken recipes and today’s addition is super fancy! Well okay, I don’t know about all that but it’s definitely a more elevated dish! Once you serve up this amazing chicken tart everyone will look at you in awe. BUT, it’s just our little secret that it’s extremely easy and anyone can make this!
Creamy Roasted Garlic and Chicken Tart with Balsamic Vinaigrette
Isn’t she a beauty?! I really think tarts in general are very elegant. I think you could definitely serve this at a dinner party, make them smaller and serve as an appetizer or just have them any night of the week! Paired with a simple side salad and you’ve got a complete meal that is so delicious! What is really great about this is it only uses one chicken breast. So, this is definitely a meal you can make when you need to pinch a few pennies!
- 1 chicken breast, boneless, skinless
- 1 Tbls flour
- 1 Tbls vegetable oil
- 4 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 can crescent roll dough
- 1 Tbls roasted garlic (5-6 cloves)
- 1 Tbls parmesan cheese, fresh grated
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 Tbls balsamic vinegar
- 3 Tbls olive oil
- 2 tsp roasted garlic (2-3 cloves)
- 1 tsp dijon mustard (or any mustard)
- 1½ tsp sugar
- salt and pepper to taste
- One scallion, sliced for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Salt and pepper the chicken breast and coat in the flour. Heat the vegetable oil in a skillet over medium heat. Brush off the excess flour and place chicken in the heated oil. Brown on both sides and place in oven until it is cooked through to 165 degrees. About 10-12 minutes.
- Mix the softened cream cheese with the roasted garlic, salt and pepper. Set aside.
- On a greased baking sheet, place the crescent dough in two halves. Pinch the sides a little so it looks defined. Spread the cream cheese mixture in a thin layer over the dough, trying not to get any on the edges. Slice the chicken in strips and place on the cream cheese mixture. Sprinkle with the parmesan cheese and place in oven for about 15 minutes. Until the dough is golden brown.
- While the tart is cooking, combine the vinegar, olive oil, mustard, sugar, roasted garlic, salt and pepper. Whisk until thoroughly combined.
- Take tart out of oven and serve with the balsamic vinaigrette drizzled on top and a garnish of scallions.
Step by Step Directions
That’s it! Doesn’t it look so easy but elegant and delicious?! I really loved coming up with this recipe for you! I’ve got a ton more ideas for tarts I can make like this, the flavor combinations are endless! What is your favorite kind of tart??
Past chicken series recipes, just click on the links below the pictures!
Need even more yummy inspiration? Follow my food board on Pinterest!