Touchdown Punch

‘Tis the season for all things football! I’m not a huge fan to be honest BUT I do love a reason to make yummy treats and stuff my face all day while watching funny commercials. Now, that’s my kind of Sunday! While visiting my parents we had a huge football party and today’s post was one of the drinks we served. This touchdown punch is sooooo easy but delicious! The best part is it keeps itself cold for hours!

Touchdown Punch

Touchdown Punch, This stuff is so good, you will be finding any excuse to throw a football party!Seriously…. make this.

Touchdown Punch

Ingredients
  • 2 packets lemon-lime drink mix (like KoolAid)
  • 3 quarts water
  • 2 liter lemon-lime soda
  • 48 oz. lime sherbet
Instructions
  1. Mix the drink mix with the water and the amount of sugar stated for the drink mix on back of package until it is dissolved.
  2. Place the lemon-lime drink mix liquid with the soda in a punch bowl.
  3. Using an ice cream scoop, scoop the sherbet into the punch. It is easier to do this if you put the sherbet container in the microwave for 30 seconds with the top off.
  4. Serve and enjoy!

The sherbet keeps the punch nice and cold while it’s melting and only adds to the flavor!

If you sneaked in a little rum or vodka I bet you would be having an even better time! Ahem. SO, I hope you enjoyed this quick and easy post today! What is your favorite punch to serve??

Dana's-SignatureCheck out these other drink recipes by clicking on the image!

pb3

White Peach Sangria recipe from ThisSillyGirlsLife.com

Looking for even more yummy inspiration? Make sure to follow my food board on Pinterest!

I participate in these linky parties, DIYHSHP and Orj Junkie.

Zannie says:
    January 26, 2014

I love just about any drink that’s lime green in color! Looks yummy!!! Thanks for sharing with Random Recipe Roundup!

January 26, 2014

I’m thinking orange sherbert and koolaid for the Broncos!

Marti says:
    January 26, 2014

This looks amazing! I love that you used koolaid, too! It looks so refreshing! Thanks so much for sharing it with everyone. I’ve pinned it to the party board!

Marti

Sandra says:
    January 27, 2014

Ok so this looks pretty darn awesome. I may need to bring this to the superbowl party I’ll be attending on Sunday. Thanks for sharing- following you on twitter!

Sandra

angie says:
    January 27, 2014

well depending on what team the color could be changed this is an awesome touchdown drink

January 27, 2014

You could definitely change the color. I went with the green for the field and could be universal like that. Thanks for coming by!

Cathy says:
    January 28, 2014

This has such a cute ring to it, too! “Touchdown Punch” just rolls off my tongue 😀 I love it, and it caught my eye at Craft Dictator’s “Tasty Tuesday”–I had to stop by!

I would love it if you stopped by our Facebook page, and said “hello!”

Your fan,
    ~Cathy Mini
    ourminifamily.com

Kaitlin says:
    January 28, 2014

This looks so refreshing and delicious!

January 28, 2014

This punch sounds delicious. My family would like it.
    Have a great week and thanks for sharing at Wednesday’s Adorned From Above Link Party.
    Debi and Charly

Mireille says:
    January 28, 2014

because of the color, its great for st patty’s too!

Amanda Smith says:
    January 29, 2014

I love punch. This is a new take on it. Yummy. Thanks!

Nicole says:
    January 30, 2014

This is a great punch for any birthday party with a green theme as well! Pinned for later (thanks for linking up to Let’s Get Real!)

January 30, 2014

I LOVE this punch, never knew how to make it! Thanks for linking to Snickerdoodle Sunday!

Tamara says:
    February 1, 2014

I like that it’s color changeable! And you just know all of the Seattle fans will add something blue to eat with your punch!
    So much fun.

Jamie @ Love Bakes Good Cakes says:
    February 3, 2014

What a fun drink! Thanks for joining us at Freedom Fridays! {hugs}

February 4, 2014

This looks delicious! The color would be perfect for St. Patricks day too! Thanks for sharing at “Hit Me With Your Best Shot Link Party!”

February 8, 2014

Whoo Hoo!! This amazing Touchdown Punch is the most viewed link at Freedom Fridays With All My Bloggy Friends this week!!

Hugs and thanks so much for sharing!!

PS I am just loving these flavors:))