Homemade Chicken Tenders

It’s the last week in our comforting classics series and I wanted to bring something that everyone loves! Chicken tenders are definitely one of those comforts you can find everywhere. But, have you thought of making them yourself? With this recipe they are much more flavorful and easier than you would think! Super crunchy outside and moist, tender chicken inside, serve with your favorite dipping sauce or by themselves… they’re that good!

Homemade Chicken Tenders

Homemade Chicken Tenders: Super crunchy outside and moist, tender chicken inside, serve with your favorite dipping sauce or by themselves... they're that good!This is mostly the same batter I use for my normal fried chicken, although I’ve been making them into tenders more and more often!

• Pages:
  • 1
  • 2

January 28, 2014

These chicken tenders looks delicious, Dana.
    Have a great week and thanks for sharing at Wednesday’s Adorned From Above Link Party.
    Debi and Charly

Toni says:
    January 28, 2014

This is almost exactly the recipe I use to make sweet and sour chicken but I make them nugget sized. They always taste so amazing! Man, now I’ve got a craving! :-)

January 29, 2014

Oh man, Dana, you have me drooling! Chicken tenders are probably my favorite of all comfort food (especially when paired with a side of mac and cheese). Can you believe I’ve never tried making them at home? Can’t wait to try!

January 29, 2014

Oh my these look so much better than the ones they bring out at restaurants. How delicious!

christine says:
    January 29, 2014

Thanks for sharing these tenders at The Wednesday Roundup. I’m def. going to try them out. I just pinned to The Wednesday Roundup Pinterest Board

Beverly says:
    January 31, 2014

These look so yummy! My grand kids would love them too.
    Have a great weekend,
    Bev

Marti says:
    February 1, 2014

These look great, soft and crunchy, just the way I like them.

Tamara says:
    February 1, 2014

And the presentation is fantastic! I feel like we’ve tried homemade chicken tenders and they never quite make the mark. The last ones were way too chewy for my four-year-old. The baby didn’t even attempt it.
    Your recipe looks perfect!
    Thank you for linking up to our Ladies Only Blog Share Link Party!

Christine says:
    February 2, 2014

Coming at you from Marvelous Mondays. Wow, this does look comforting to me! Anyone be able to clue me in on Google’s new commenting policy?

February 3, 2014

My husband would live off chicken and fish tenders if he could, so I see a lot of them- I mean ALOT. These looks super yummy and I like the batter. I am going to get him to taste test these :) Thanks for linking to Snickerdoodle Sunday!!

February 5, 2014

is it lunch time yet? i am starving. this looks SO GOOD> what do you do with the leftover oil? thanks for linking up to the all things pretty party.

February 5, 2014

I strain the oil and keep it in an air tight container in the fridge. Then when I’m ready to make these babies again I just take it out and heat it up! Once the oil starts to smell you need to replace it. I’m glad you liked this post, yay!

Paula says:
    February 5, 2014

My boys would be all over these! Thanks so much for joining us at Marvelous Mondays Pinned to my Marvelous Mondays board!

Marti says:
    February 6, 2014

These look delicious! Thanks for sharing them with us at Sewlicious Home Decor! Pinned to the Party board! :)

Marti

February 7, 2014

So the secret is the baking soda & powder! Very similar to my recipe but, I love how those ingredients change the fried dough texture. These look so yummy my daughter will be excited when I make your recipe. Pinning. Feel free to drop by sometime.

Laurie says:
    February 7, 2014

You ROCK for linking up this week to Tip Me Tuesday. {high fives}

Just a heads up, Tip Junkie can help you index your blog more effectively if you upload at least 2 images, 2 steps, and blog post URL into your Tip Junkie craft room!

Simply login and click “add a project” on your profile page to get started. {yep I’ve got your back!}
    ~ Laurie {a.k.a. the Tip Junkie}

Link ~ http://www.tipjunkie.com/how-to-add-a-craft-room-project-on-tip-junkie

Ali says:
    February 7, 2014

Wow these look like perfection! I’ve never been super satisfied with my breaded chicken so I am going to make these really soon. Thank you so much for linking this recipe up at Recipe Sharing Monday. I hope to see you back next Monday. Have a good weekend!

February 9, 2014

These look delicious, I love these! Thanks for linking up to Sweet and Savoury Sundays, stop by and link up again this weekend.

Ali says:
    February 9, 2014

Woot! You have been featured this week at Recipe Sharing Monday! The new link party is up and I’d love to see you back. Have a great week. :)

Miriam P says:
    February 14, 2014

This is the best chicken tenders recipe and technique ever tried. Pure genious! My family loved me.

Naya says:
    February 20, 2014

These look delicious! How crucial is the baking powder?

February 20, 2014

It just helps the batter to be more fluffy, but if you don’t add it they will still be good!

Naya says:
        February 20, 2014

Thanks! Making them tonight.

Naya says:
            February 21, 2014

Oh my gosh, I don’t think I’ll ever go back to the usual flour/egg/breadcrumbs combo. These were awesome! Very easy recipe.

February 21, 2014

Yay! I’m so glad you liked them, thanks for letting us know!

Erinn as says:
    March 1, 2014

I wanted you to know I came across this on Pinterest and followed your recipe. These turned out great. Thank you so much! I will be making these again -Erinn from 3sonshavei.com

March 1, 2014

Yay! Thanks so much for letting me know how they came out for you, this made my day!

Ashley says:
    March 8, 2014

Made this for dinner tonight! I thought it was delicious and the boys I made it for did also.

Claudia says:
    March 27, 2014

I was wondering if using self rising flour will make a mess of this recipe. I do not have all purpose on hand right now. Thanks for any response.

March 27, 2014

You can use self rising flour. Just leave out the salt and baking powder in the batter itself. Still season the tenders after frying with salt. I hope you enjoy this recipe, thanks for coming by!

Claudia says:
        March 27, 2014

Thanks for the response Dana. I have made them already, I did leave out salt but still put some baking powder in since the self-rising flour I have has been in its canister and not a fresh bag. They turned out just fine and I thank you for this wonderful recipe.

Julia says:
    April 13, 2014

Just made these wonderful chicken tenders. So simple and sooooo good. Thank you so much for this awsome recipe.

April 13, 2014

Yay! I’m so glad you tried them and loved them!

Bridget says:
    May 2, 2014

I have literally tried dozens of chicken nugget and chicken finger recipes. Some were very good, some were so-so, and some were a disaster. This is literally the best so far. Very easy, very tasty. Thanks!

May 3, 2014

YAY! Thanks soo much, and thank you for coming back to let us know how they came out! This really made my day, I hope you try out some more recipe son here and let me know how they worked for you! :)

Monica says:
    May 13, 2014

Have you (or anyone reading) ever baked these?

May 13, 2014

No I haven’t I don’t think the batter would stay on in all honesty. BUT, if you do try it let us know how it comes out, thanks!

Julie says:
    September 15, 2014

Has anyone made these in a deep fryer instead of a pan?

cindy says:
    January 6, 2015

OMG these are fantastic. Thanks for the recipe.

January 9, 2015

Yes, please and thank you. Made these for lunch today for the kiddos on a snowy day in Michigan. Perfection! Just delicious! Thank you!

January 9, 2015

So glad to hear it! Thanks for letting us know how they came out!

Larissa says:
    August 20, 2015

I made these tonight and they were delicious. I used a fryer because I hate messing with oil on the stove. They came out great but I learned something important. Don’t use a basket when doing these in a fryer. The batter sticks to the basket. Thanks for the recipe. :)

August 20, 2015

Wow, great tip!! I’m glad you said something, thanks so much!

Lisa says:
    August 24, 2015

Made these tonight for my husband. He really enjoyed them!

August 24, 2015

I made them again tonight too! I’m so glad he liked them :)