“This is a sponsored conversation on behalf of the company mentioned in this post. All opinions are 100% my own.”
Around this time of year I really try to watch what I eat between holiday parties. Yes, I may be guilty of indulging in a few treats here and there but I try not to get too out of control! When I found this STAR Olive Oil that is butter flavored while shopping at my local WalMart I knew it would be a great way to cut some calories while still having that flavor of butter that I LOVE! It is very easy to incorporate the oil in your daily cooking and perfect for using year round. So, this recipe I made is just for you cooked with STAR Butter Oil!
Yellow Rice with Peas
This yellow rice side dish is a really nice accompaniment to most main dishes. Even though it looks a little overpowering the flavors are nicely balanced and won’t over take your whole plate. The yellow color comes from the turmeric spice powder in the recipe and would even make a great main dish adding egg and another protein for a take on fried rice!
- 2 Cups water
- 1 Cup white rice
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1½ Tbls STAR Butter Oil
- ⅛ tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp turmeric
- ¾ Cup frozen peas
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cook your rice as you would normally. When it is done cooking, take off the heat and remove the lid to let the excess steam escape.
- Put a skillet on medium heat on stove top. Add the STAR Butter Oil to the pan and let get hot for about 10 seconds. Add the minced garlic and cook for a few seconds until aromatic but not browned.
- Add the rice to the pan and toss to coat in the oil. Let the rice fry in the oil for about 5 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Add the spices and mix thoroughly.
- Add the peas before serving. You just want them to be warmed through since they are already cooked.
- Taste to adjust seasoning adding more salt and pepper if needed.
- Serve and enjoy!
This is really a perfect recipe to use if you accidentally made too much rice for the holidays or at your family dinner. It’s fine to use day old rice that has been sitting in the refrigerator, just throw it in the pan just as the recipe states. Easy as that!
Step by Step Instructions
It is very easy to substitute STAR Butter Oil in place of butter in almost any dish.
What do you think? Will you try out this STAR Butter Oil like I did?
I really hope you enjoyed this recipe for my yellow rice with peas!