I am a member of the Collective Bias® Social Fabric® Community.
This shop has been compensated as part of a social shopper amplification for Collective Bias and its advertiser. #shop #cbias
Hi peoples! So, yesterday Jeremy and I went all out and had this super fun football party! I made a TON of football style food. Mostly appetizers that you can eat standing and socializing. I love having a fun spread of appetizers to choose from, it makes eating so much more exciting and special! We really got a kick out of decorating for our football party and devouring all the yummy treats I made! One of the stand out dishes were definitely these amazing chicken wings made with Bud Light!
Slow Cooker Drunken Bbq Chicken Wings
You guys! These wings are super moist and tender on the inside with a sticky bbq caramelized sauce. And the best part? They are slow cooked in beer for 5 hours and slathered in homemade bbq sauce that has more beer in it! It definitely has a distinct flavor but will have your guests guessing, what is that?! (As they keep hoarding more and more wings! LOL) They will be sure to talk about these babies in the future and request them at upcoming parties!
- 1 large package chicken wings, cut into flats and drumettes, tips removed
- 1 bottle beer
- 2 Tbls bbq seasoning, any brand will do
- Drunken BBQ sauce:
- 1½ Cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1¼ Cup ketchup
- ½ Cup white vinegar
- ½ Cup beer, I used Bud Light
- 2 tsp yellow mustard
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- Layer wings in slow cooker set on low heat. Between layers, evenly season with bbq seasoning.
- When you have layered all the wings, slowly pour in the beer. Let cook for 5 hours.
- When wings are cooking place all the ingredients for the sauce in a sauce pan.
- Whisk together so ingredients combine and place over medium heat, stirring until the brown sugar dissolves.
- Let mixture come to a bowl for 3 minutes and continue to stir. Take sauce off the heat and let cool until ready to baste chicken wings.
- After the wings have cooked for 5 hours, place on a sheet tray and place in a pre heated 350 degree over. Let cook for 30 minutes, so most of the cooking liquid from the slow cooker evaporates.
- Turn wings over with a tong, and brush with bbq sauce. Let cook 20 minutes. Take wings out again and flip, basting in more sauce. Let cook an additional 20 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!
It may seem like a long time to cook these wings but believe me they are worth it! It is a perfect recipe to use for a game day like we had, while the wings were in the slow cooker I was able to throw together everything else needed for the party!
Check it out, I think I may have gone a little crazy:
So yea, I’m a Bears fan which you would never guess from these pictures. Jeremy is a die hard Packer. Exhibit A:
Things can get pretty interesting with him and my family, LOL. It’s all in good fun and having all this delicious food helps to bring us together!
Here is a little break down of our spread:
Roasted Garlic Goat Cheese Pinwheels with marinara for dipping, cream cheese stuffed mushrooms on top of the cheese head, in the front, little sausages drenched in drunken bbq sauce, Slow Cooker Drunken Bbq Chicken Wings and two kinds of slim jims for easy snacking!
Whew, it was like a mini Thanksgiving going on in here, and I have the pile of dishes to prove it! But, I really love how everything came out and the food, if I do say so myself, was delicious!
I’m thinking about doing something similar to this again for the SuperBowl, do you have any SuperBowl traditions?? I’d love to hear about them in the comments below and get some more fun ideas!
Bud Light (Anheuser Busch)
Slim Jims (Conagra Foods)Pin It