Slow Cooker Drunken Bbq Chicken Wings + Football Party Spread!

I am a member of the Collective Bias®  Social Fabric® Community.

This shop has been compensated as part of a social shopper amplification for Collective Bias and its advertiser. #shop #cbias

Hi peoples! So, yesterday Jeremy and I went all out and had this super fun football party! I made a TON of football style food. Mostly appetizers that you can eat standing and socializing. I love having a fun spread of appetizers to choose from, it makes eating so much more exciting and special! We really got a kick out of decorating for our football party and devouring all the yummy treats I made! One of the stand out dishes were definitely these amazing chicken wings made with Bud Light!

Slow Cooker Drunken Bbq Chicken Wings

Slow Cooker Drunken Bbq Chicken Wings + Football Party Spread! #shop #cbias

This Silly Girl's Kitchen

Sharon says:
    December 16, 2013

I can’t wait to try these, Dana! Hopefully, my Baltimore Ravens make the playoffs and I can make these when they are playing in the Super Bowl game.

Tisha says:
    December 16, 2013

Wow! This looks delish! Chicken and beer combo..something new I need to try. Must be really worth the long wait.

Julia says:
    December 17, 2013

I didn’t realize that wings could be done in a crockpot. They look good!

Summer Davis says:
    December 17, 2013

I love the name of this dish! I want to see the chicken wings walking around the table all drunk-like and stuff. You’re not a Packers fan, are you? I’m an Aaron Rodgers fan. Not gonna lie. Hubba Hubba!

Melanie says:
    December 17, 2013

These look delicious! I’m a Bears fan too – let’s hope we make it to the big game!

Shannon says:
    December 17, 2013

Perfect food for all the bowl games in the next few weeks!

Stephanie says:
    December 19, 2013

These looks delicious!! My husband needs to take appetizers to a work thing and these are perfect!

December 21, 2013

Your part looked super fun. And the name for your recipe is hilar! Thanks for linking up to the all things pretty Thursday link up.

Diane Balch says:
    December 22, 2013

I would have never guessed bud made such good looking chicken wings. Thanks for bringing them to foodie friday.

December 24, 2013

My boys love wings so this will be something to make for sure 🙂 Thanks for linking to Snickerdoodle Sunday!

December 25, 2013

These wings look so good & I love that they can be made in the crock pot! 🙂
    Thank you so much for sharing these at Marvelous Mondays this week- pinned!

Dale says:
    December 27, 2013

Making these for New Years Eve! We’re Bears fans too!

December 28, 2013

Saw a post about this recipe on FB and got here as fast as I could. I can’t wait to try this one, especially since it can be made in the slow cooker, making it just that much easier!

Jennifer says:
    December 30, 2013

My husband is obsessed with wings so I have to try these! They look amazing!

Sarah says:
    December 30, 2013

This recipe looks amazing. The great thing about cooking them in the slow cooker, is you know they are cooked all the way through! Thanks for sharing such a yummy recipe, I can’t wait to try these!

December 31, 2013

Definitely! To me sometimes wings can be a little chewy, cooking then low and slow guarantees a super moist and tender wing!

Chrissy says:
    December 31, 2013

Yum! These look delicious!

lynda haeske says:
    December 31, 2013

How many pounds of wings is the 1 large package of wings? These look so yummy! Thanks!!

christine says:
    January 1, 2014

Thanks so much for sharing these on The Wednesday Roundup (2 long weeks ago). I can’t wait to try them. Don’t forget to come by today and grab your badge of honor (feature button) because these are BEING FEATURED!!! YaY! TheWednesdayRoundup

January 1, 2014

These look delicious…I love my slow cooker and this would be perfect for a party thanks for sharing!

Jen

Raging Cajun says:
    January 3, 2014

These do look amazing but I hate ketchup and there is a whole lot of it in this recipe. Do you think I could use something else?

January 3, 2014

Honestly, the end result tastes absolutely nothing like ketchup itself so do keep that in mind. The only thing MAYBE you could substitute would be regular tomato sauce but I don’t think it will be nearly as good or taste the same. So sorry, I wish I had a better answer!

Krista Low says:
    January 6, 2014

Wow Miss Dana! Looks like you throw one heck of a party! I love that you cooked the wings in the slow cooker for most of the time. A lot of them have to be fried and I just hate to do that. Looks like ya’ll had an amazing time 🙂

Tabitha says:
    January 18, 2014

These look yummy. I love trying home made BBQ sauces. Just one question… Or maybe 2 :). The 5 hours in the slow cooker on high or low? Mine has 4 settings: 4hr & 6 hr high and 8hr &10 hr low… Also my only issue with slow cooking is whenever I do bone in chicken it just falls right off the bone, is this an issue with these?
    Thanks

January 19, 2014

I would set yours to 4 hour high, I cooked mine on 5 hours low. These didn’t fall completely off the bone but they are very tender, just be careful when you take them out of the slow cooker. I would use a slotted spoon to help. Thanks for the questions and coming by!!

Stephanie says:
    January 27, 2014

These wings are the most awesome wings that I have ever tasted! The bbq sauce is so rich and tasty that you fill up quickly 🙂 I used 5 lbs of wings. I browned the wings before putting in the crock pot- put them in my crockpot and only needed to cook them on high 3 hours. Put them in the oven for 15 minutes and then brushed on the bbq sauce. Baked another 10 minutes turned and basted on the other side-baked 10 minutes more. They were cooked perfectly and so delicious!

January 28, 2014

YAY, so glad you enjoyed them, thanks for letting us know how they came out!

Lindsay says:
      July 25, 2014

How did you “brown” them?

Christine says:
    September 7, 2014

did you use thawed or frozen wings? looking forward to making these for my sons birthday party!

September 7, 2014

They were thawed, he will looove them!!

Christine says:
        September 17, 2014

awesome! thanks girl! 🙂

Colleen says:
    October 31, 2014

This was DELICIOUS!!! The sauce was AMAZING!!! My husband doesn’t like bbq sauce too much, but he really loved this one. This will work very well with ribs. Thank you!!!

November 1, 2014

YAY, I’m so glad you tried the recipe and loved it. Yes on ribs would be amazing!! Thanks again!!!

Jenna says:
    December 31, 2014

Hi, this recipe looks amazing. I’m making them tonight as one of our appitizers for New Year’s Eve. Quick question though, when you say “evenly layer in crockpot with BBQ sauce” is that just BBQ sauce and beer? Then BBQ sauce blend goes on after when you bake? Or do you put the BBQ sauce blend on wings in crockpot too?
    Thank you!!

December 31, 2014

Evenly layer in the crockpot with the BBQ seasoning then pour on the beer. The sauce comes only when baking in the oven. I hope you like them, thanks!