DIY Canvas Art with Sharpie

This post is part of a social shopper marketing insight campaign withPollinate Media Group™ and Sharpie, but all my opinions are my own. #pmedia #StaplesSharpiehttp://cmp.ly/3/8vNxcO.

Using this fast and easy tutorial for DIY canvas art with Sharpies will help customize your decor in no time!

I have been OBSESSED lately with these deer head, or stag head silhouettes! I just knew I wanted a craft that I could make for the holidays involving this cute design. That’s when I thought of doing a simple canvas craft and the easiest way for me to make the design really pop was to use these metallic Sharpie’s I found while shopping at Staples. I think it came out great and of course, wanted to share it with all of you!

DIY Canvas Art with Sharpie

DIY Canvas Art with Sharpie. SO easy and SO cute!! Step by step directions too, you can't mess this up! #StaplesSharpie #PMedia #ad

What is really great about this craft is it’s super inexpensive to make. I picked up the canvas on sale at a craft store in a two pack that was around $4 and I bought the Sharpies at Staples where they are having an amazing sale right now. I purchased a 12 count assorted colors pack for $6, a 4 count assorted metallic pack and a metallic gold 4 pack were both 50% off making them $3.49!

So, I took all my supplies home to get crafting!

Supplies

1 Canvas

1 Graphic to trace (I got my graphic from We Lived Happily Ever After)

Pencil

4 pack assorted metallic Sharpies

Scissors

Tape

Step by Step Directions

Gather your supplies.

Cut out your graphic and tape it to the canvas.

Lightly trace around the cut out with a pencil and remove cut out. I had to add the tips of the antlers.

Fill in with the gold metallic Sharpie.

I then went back in with the bronze colored metallic Sharpie to give it more definition, like in the graphic.

Get something small to trace (I used a prescription medicine bottle) and trace a polka dot pattern for the background. This doesn’t have to be perfect, I love the rustic look!

Fill in all the polka dots with the silver metallic Sharpie. Place or hang where you wish and enjoy!!

See how easy that was? I think it is super cute and fun!! You could easily do tons of different DIY canvas art with these sharpies and this technique! I’m planning on doing another one with a line from my favorite Christmas song next!

Do you have any fun craft ideas to do utilizing these Sharpies?? I would love to know your thoughts in the comments below!

Connect with Sharpie and get tons more inspiration:

Twitter | Facebook | Instagram | Pinterest

I participate in these linky parties.

**This post may contain affiliate links to products I use or are similar to items mentioned in this post. If you purchase a product from a link used, This Silly Girl's Kitchen will receive a small commission. Thank you for helping to support this website and keep the recipes and information provided free to you!**

December 9, 2013

So cute, Dana!!! Love the silver and gold combo!!

Kim Anderson says:
    December 10, 2013

This is such a super idea! Do you think adding a layer of gesso or primer is necessary? I always hate that step and seems like you skipped it and it came out just fine. I will have to do this with the 3 blank canvases sitting in my craft closet!

December 10, 2013

I just went straight on the canvas! I’ve never worked with it before and just used the sharpies right on it. No bleeding at all! P.S. I’d love to see your finished projects!!

Dee says:
    December 10, 2013

It’s a super way to use markers. Your art looks so pretty.

December 10, 2013

This turned out SO cute! I am having so much fun checking out all of the fun Sharpie projects that people have come up with! Thanks for sharing!

~Abby =)

Stephanie says:
    December 10, 2013

I’ve SO been wanting one of those deer head silhouette canvases too! I can’t believe how well doing it in sharpie turned out! Amazing job, and super cute!

Ellya Brill says:
    December 10, 2013

What a pretty christmas art! Love it. And pinning!

Ellya

December 11, 2013

This is so awesome!!! I can’t believe you made it all the a shaprie very impressive. I’ll be pinning this for sure. Glad I’m following you!!

PJ says:
    December 12, 2013

I have some canvases just waiting to be used and I love your sharpie technique for them. The image looks so graphic and crisp.

December 12, 2013

This looks great and makes buying one of those silhouette machines seem totally not worth it. I hope you’ll share your post on Thank Goodness It’s Thursday at http://www.jordansonion.blogspot.com – the party goes live on Thursday at 10am MST.

December 12, 2013

This is amazing! I didn’t realize they made metallic Sharpies. I must buy them asap!
    Thanks for sharing!

Kelly says:
    December 12, 2013

Such a great idea, Dana! It turned out great. Pinning, Stumbling and Tweeting your crafty goodness! Hugs.

Candace says:
    December 12, 2013

This is so great! I love how simple (Sharpees, for goodness sakes) and glamorous it is (silver and gold!) Thanks for sharing!

December 12, 2013

Dana,
    I love this idea. I have been wanting to make one similar to this one but with glitter. I think I like your better. I already have the sharpies and the canvas so I guess the next step is to get to work. 🙂
    I am visiting from Catch a Glimpse link party. Thanks for sharing!
    Carrie

Nicole says:
    December 13, 2013

These things (deer, reindeer, stag) have been all over Pinterest this year! I love the metallic look for these! So fun 🙂 Thanks for linking up with Let’s Get Real.

Jessie says:
    December 14, 2013

Dana,
    Ooooh I just love this. And i love how simple you made it. I’ve been loving the deer/antler look this season too and I’m totally going to be making this!
    i’m stopping by from the Show and Tell Saturday link up and I’d love it if you popped over to my blog too.

Thanks!
    Jessie @ Life as Mrs. Larson

Ginger says:
    December 16, 2013

Great! I love it and especially that it didn’t require a Silhouette -I don’t have one :(. Thanks for linking up to Gingerly Made’s Show & Tell.

christine says:
    December 18, 2013

What a great project. Thanks so much for sharing in on The Wednesday Roundup. Make sure to make your way over and pick up your FEATURE button so you can brag! 🙂

December 18, 2013

Love this, You did a fantastic job 🙂 Thanks for linking to Snickerdoodle Sunday!

December 21, 2013

Hey Dana! This is the feature pick this week at Snickerdoodle! Congrats and thanks for sharing such a great craft with us!

December 21, 2013

Love it!! And metallic sharpies? Swooon! Featuring you at this weekend’s party! Thanks for linkin up to Sunday FUNday!

pollyana p. zenatti says: