Cream Cheese Stuffed Mushrooms

Hi everyone! Today’s recipe seems to be a staple appetizer for any party. They also happen to be one of my Hubby’s favorite snacks! So, of course being the amazing wife that I am *snicker* I made these for him and he loved them!

Cream Cheese Stuffed Mushrooms

Cream Cheese Stuffed Mushrooms, a perfect twist on a classic appetizer for any party!

I wanted to mix it up a bit from the traditional stuffed mushrooms with sausage and breadcrumbs. I used a beef mixture, adding mozzarella and cream cheese for a nice richness.

Cream Cheese Stuffed Mushrooms
  • 1 pound baby bella mushrooms (or crimini)
  • ⅓ pound ground beef
  • ⅛ tsp onion powder
  • ⅛ tsp dried oregano
  • ⅛ tsp crushed fennel
  • 1 clove garlic, minced
  • 1 Tbls parmesan cheese
  • 3 Tbls white wine
  • 4 oz cream cheese, softened
  • 1 egg yolk
  • ½ Cup mozzarella
  • salt and pepper to taste
  1. Using a damp cloth or paper towel. Brush off the dirt from the mushrooms. Pop off the stems from the caps and set aside. Chop the stems finely.
  2. Mix the dried spices in with the ground beef. Brown the beef mixture and let fat drain off. Remove the beef and let cool.
  3. Reserving 1 Tbls of the beef drippings, add the garlic over medium low heat to the same pan you cooked the meat in and cook until aromatic about 1 minute. Add the wine to the skillet and deglaze, allow most of the liquid to evaporate. Add in the chopped mushroom stems and cook for 2 minutes until softened. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside to cool.
  4. Put the softened cream cheese in a bowl and mix in the egg yolk. Add the cooled beef and mushroom stem mixtures. Add in remaining cheeses and mix so everything combines.
  5. Stuff the mushroom caps, allowing a heaping amount on top. Place in an oven safe dish.
  6. Cook in a preheated 350 degree oven for 20-25 minutes, until slightly golden brown on top.
  7. Serve warm and enjoy!

Filling mixture.

These would be great on your New Years Eve spread!

I hope you enjoy this recipe, what is your favorite stuffed mushroom filling?

Dana's-SignatureNeed more appetizer ideas? Click on the images below to be taken to their recipe!

For even more yummy inspiration make sure to follow my food board on Pinterest!

I participate in these linky parties, DIYHSHP and Orj Junkie.

Chrystal M. says:
    December 27, 2013

This is the first time I have seen cream cheese stuffed mushrooms with beef! I’ve only ever seem them with cheese mixtures. Looks yummy!

Shirley Wood says:
    December 27, 2013

I love stuffed mushroom, never tried using cream cheese though. Sounds good, I pinned and will certainly give this a try!

December 27, 2013

These are LOW CARB! What a treat. Hope to try them sometime. I also like the fact that you use ground beef rather than sausage. Looks yummmmmmmmm!

Jerri says:
    December 29, 2013

These look great! Thanks for linking up for Friday Favorites. I’m featuring you this week!

Nicole says:
    December 30, 2013

I LOVE stuffed mushrooms! Pinning these for later 🙂 Thanks for linking up to Let’s Get Real!

6. Hi Dana! These look so good. Like most, I am familiar with sausage stuffed mushrooms. These with the added cheese will certainly be divine. Mushrooms are so good for building up our immune system. Who says I can’t have mine with beef and cheese? Not I! I am going to make these tonight.

Mary Renee says:
    January 2, 2014

I found you on the Thrifty Thursday link up and I’m so glad I did! These look delicious. I love that they don’t have bread crumbs, since we eat gluten-free in my home. Can’t wait to try them.

Cathy says:
    January 2, 2014

These look great…I love stuffed mushrooms and the stuffing ingredients for this are a great combo!

January 2, 2014

These look great! I need a few ingredients, but I will be making these. My family loves mushrooms.

January 3, 2014

Congratulations! This post is featured over at Diana Rambles today and has been pinned in the Featured at Diana Rambles board at Pinterest, Tweeted, and Recommended on G+. Please grab a featured button off my sidebar or via the link under the features. Thanks for sharing this awesome idea!

January 4, 2014

Hi there! Wanted to let you know that I really enjoyed your recipe, hello football party, and have chosen it as one of my favorites from last week’s Saturday Spotlight blog hop. I’m getting the features organized for the next party and YOU will be featured. Thanks so much for linking up, and I’m looking forward to seeing what you have to share next time. Also, I’m making a special announcement at tomorrows party, it’s all about new beginnings for the new year. 🙂

Heather says:
    January 6, 2014

Hi Dana! Your Cream Cheese Stuffed Mushrooms are one of the Top Features from last week’s Sweet Wednesday Link Party, congratulations! Also, this recipe has been pinned to my “Features from Sweet Wednesday Link Party” board:

I was so pleased that you linked up with us, thanks so much!

13. i wish my crohns allowed me to eat mushrooms. i so miss them and my mouth is watering looking at this recipe. thanks for linking up to the all things pretty party.