Hi everyone! Today’s recipe seems to be a staple appetizer for any party. They also happen to be one of my Hubby’s favorite snacks! So, of course being the amazing wife that I am *snicker* I made these for him and he loved them!
Cream Cheese Stuffed Mushrooms
I wanted to mix it up a bit from the traditional stuffed mushrooms with sausage and breadcrumbs. I used a beef mixture, adding mozzarella and cream cheese for a nice richness.
- 1 pound baby bella mushrooms (or crimini)
- ⅓ pound ground beef
- ⅛ tsp onion powder
- ⅛ tsp dried oregano
- ⅛ tsp crushed fennel
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 Tbls parmesan cheese
- 3 Tbls white wine
- 4 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 egg yolk
- ½ Cup mozzarella
- salt and pepper to taste
- Using a damp cloth or paper towel. Brush off the dirt from the mushrooms. Pop off the stems from the caps and set aside. Chop the stems finely.
- Mix the dried spices in with the ground beef. Brown the beef mixture and let fat drain off. Remove the beef and let cool.
- Reserving 1 Tbls of the beef drippings, add the garlic over medium low heat to the same pan you cooked the meat in and cook until aromatic about 1 minute. Add the wine to the skillet and deglaze, allow most of the liquid to evaporate. Add in the chopped mushroom stems and cook for 2 minutes until softened. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside to cool.
- Put the softened cream cheese in a bowl and mix in the egg yolk. Add the cooled beef and mushroom stem mixtures. Add in remaining cheeses and mix so everything combines.
- Stuff the mushroom caps, allowing a heaping amount on top. Place in an oven safe dish.
- Cook in a preheated 350 degree oven for 20-25 minutes, until slightly golden brown on top.
- Serve warm and enjoy!
These would be great on your New Years Eve spread!
I hope you enjoy this recipe, what is your favorite stuffed mushroom filling?
For even more yummy inspiration make sure to follow my food board on Pinterest!