Hi everyone! It’s Gina from Kleinworth & Co. again.
I’m back to share with you an easy holiday twist of a cabinet staple in our house.
Cranberry Simple Syrup
Cranberries are definitely one of the things I think about when it comes to the holiday season. I like to find easy ways to incorporate them into recipes I use on a regular basis to help bring a more festive feel to every dish. One thing I use a lot in the kitchen is simple syrup. It’s great in beverages & also in treat recipes so it’s something I always try to have on hand. Given the time of year I decided that since I wanted to bring more cranberry flavor into more of what I am making. I decided to take my simple syrup & infuse it with cranberries & it made it extra special.
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup water
- 2 cups cranberries
- Rinse cranberries & set aside.
- In medium saucepan heat 1 cup water & 1 cup sugar until sugar is dissolved & liquid is warm. Do not boil.
- Remove from heat & allow to come to room temperature. (cranberries will pop if the syrup is too hot)
- Once syrup is cool- pour over cranberries & place something on top of the cranberries to hold them down in the syrup since they will naturally float.
- Cover & refrigerate 3 days.
- Once your cranberries have soaked for allotted time - strain out cranberries in colander & reserve for another recipe.
- Transfer syrup to an airtight container & store at room temperature to use in any recipe that calls for simple syrup.
Thank you Dana for having me today.
I’m looking forward to sharing another family favorite with you next month.
Want more cranberry recipes…..
About: Gina is a mom to 3, wife to a fire chief, photographer & homeschooler. Within the last year she relocated with her family to Northern Idaho after 12 long years living in various parts of the Nevada desert. Gina is a Southern California beach native with a passion for food photography, blogging, baking & getting crafty with re-purposing & up-cycling on a budget.