Hi everyone!! This is the last post in the cookie series, I know so sad! I wanted to leave on a high note, these little babies are my FAVORITE holiday cookie, but they of course can be eaten year round!
Chocolate Pecan Toffee Bars
These are very simple as well! The recipe was adapted from Betty Crocker, my Mom used to (and still does!) make them every Christmas!
- 1 Cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 Cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 each egg yolk
- 2 Cups all-purpose flour
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2 each, large chocolate bars (we use Hershey's)
- ½ Cup chopped pecans (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In large bowl, mix butter, brown sugar, vanilla and egg with hand mixer. Add in flour and salt. Press dough into ungreased 13x9x2 inch pan.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until light golden brown. Dough will still be soft.
- Break the chocolate bar into chunks and lay evenly onto the warm dough and let melt. About 5 minutes.
- Spread the melted chocolate carefully with the back of a spoon or spatula evenly over surface. Sprinkle with the chopped pecans. Place pan on wire rack and let cool completely.
- Cut into bars when still slightly warm and enjoy!!
Easy right? You don’t even have to melt the chocolate!
I hope you enjoyed this one as always! Make sure to check back next week to see what awesome series we will have to January!
Don’t forget to visit Parrish and see her last cookie series post by clicking on the image below!
Past cookie series recipes:
Need even MORE yummy inspiration? Follow my food board on Pinterest!