Chocolate Pecan Toffee Bars

Hi everyone!! This is the last post in the cookie series, I know so sad! I wanted to leave on a high note, these little babies are my FAVORITE holiday cookie, but they of course can be eaten year round!

Chocolate Pecan Toffee Bars

Chocolate Pecan Toffee Bars, super easy to make and delicious!!

These are very simple as well! The recipe was adapted from Betty Crocker, my Mom used to (and still does!) make them every Christmas!

Chocolate Pecan Toffee Bars, super easy to make and delicious!!

Chocolate Pecan Toffee Bars

Ingredients
  • 1 Cup unsalted butter, softened
  • 1 Cup light brown sugar, packed
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • 1 each egg yolk
  • 2 Cups all-purpose flour
  • ¼ tsp salt
  • 2 each, large chocolate bars (we use Hershey's)
  • ½ Cup chopped pecans (optional)
Instructions
  1. Preheat oven to 350.
  2. In large bowl, mix butter, brown sugar, vanilla and egg with hand mixer. Add in flour and salt. Press dough into ungreased 13x9x2 inch pan.
  3. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until light golden brown. Dough will still be soft.
  4. Break the chocolate bar into chunks and lay evenly onto the warm dough and let melt. About 5 minutes.
  5. Spread the melted chocolate carefully with the back of a spoon or spatula evenly over surface. Sprinkle with the chopped pecans. Place pan on wire rack and let cool completely.
  6. Cut into bars when still slightly warm and enjoy!!

Chocolate Pecan Toffee Bars, super easy to make and delicious!!

Easy right? You don’t even have to melt the chocolate!

Chocolate Pecan Toffee Bars, super easy to make and delicious!!

I hope you enjoyed this one as always! Make sure to check back next week to see what awesome series we will have to January!

Dana's-Signature

Don’t forget to visit Parrish and see her last cookie series post by clicking on the image below!

Peanut_Butter_Cheesecake_Brownie_Bites

Past cookie series recipes:

Peppermint Bark Cookies | Milky Way Stuffed Cookie Cups

Muddy Buddy Cookies | Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Bon Bons

Chocolate Chip Meringues | Red Velvet Sandwich Cookies with Cream Cheese Frosting

Double Peanut Butter Cookies | Triple Chocolate Blondies

Need even MORE yummy inspiration? Follow my food board on Pinterest!

I participate in these linky parties, DIYHSHP and Orj Junkie.

Shannon says:
    January 1, 2014

This look delicious. I was looking at it with my 2 teenagers looking over my shoulder, and they both said, “Oh yea, I want some of that it looks good.” So I’m going to try it!

Shannon ~ bohemianjunktion.com

Diane Roark says:
    January 1, 2014

Thank you so much for linking up all these great ideas on Wonderful Wednesday blog hop.
    I look forward to following your social medias.
    Blessings,
    Diane Roark

January 2, 2014

Chocolate and Pecan are always a winning combo in my book! I can see why you would make them every year. I don’t think I can wait until next Christmas though!

January 2, 2014

These look incredible! I just ate and now i’m hungry all over again! Popping by from Let’s Get Real!

xx Kait

January 3, 2014

Thanks for sharing on Freedom Friday. These look wonderful…How can you go wrong with chocolate, pecans, and toffee?!?

Carla says:
    January 3, 2014

These look amazing! Plus the ingredients can be found in my house. Yeah!

Andi says:
    January 4, 2014

Your bars look so good…….just wondering the amount of chocolate you used? Got my answer the original recipe says 2/3 cups of chips.

January 4, 2014

Yes, that’s how much the original recipes calls for but we have always used Hershey’s chocolate bars instead. I think it ends up being more chocolate than the 2/3 Cup. We use the larger bars you get at the check out counter. Thanks for stopping by!

January 4, 2014

Wow, these bars sound glorious – I loveee toffee and chocolate, especially together. Wonderful.

January 4, 2014

another wonderful treat! Thank you for sharing and joining in the fun at the Thursday Favorite Things blog hop. I am leaving some hugs on your sweet blog

January 5, 2014

These look absolutely DIVINE!!! Thanks for sharing on #LOBS!!! ~A~

Diane Haller says:
    January 5, 2014

Thank you for sharing at Family Fun Friday! My son would really like to try these! Pinning for later! Blessings!

12. can I just say YUM!!! Thank you for linking at Show Me Your Plaid Monday’s!!! You have been Pinned!

Cathy says:
    January 5, 2014

Dana,
    These look amazing! Pinning for the next holidays! If I made these I would want to eat the entire batch! Thanks for sharing at the Blog Strut! Can’t wait to see what you bring next week!
    Cathy
    APeekIntoMyParadise.com

January 6, 2014

Chocolate, pecan, toffee…what more could a person ask for? Sounds delicious! What I really wish though is that I could have one right now, so I guess I’ll have to make them. Thanks!

January 7, 2014

if you ever need a taste tester, we will gladly volunteer! Once again a fantastic recipe! And the pics just make my mouth water……Thanks so much for linking up to Snickerdoodle Sunday!!

16. i am viewing this post at 10:30am and now ready for dessert. i am so in for a long day. headed to check out a few more recipes before deciding on what to bake today! thanks for linking up to the all things pretty party.

Diane Balch says:
    January 8, 2014

I’ve never tried to make toffee bars… I love them so much. Your recipe doesn’t look so hard. I may give it a try. Thanks for bringing these by foodie friday.

Carol says:
    January 8, 2014

These look delish! I am featuring them when my link party opens up tomorrow ( Thus) night!