Welcome to the latest cookie series recipe! Today I have something extremely addictive… literally!!! Edible chocolate chip cookie dough covered in a shell of milk chocolate….uuuugh it can’t get any better then this!
These would be perfect on a holiday buffet or just to snack on at home! I keep them in the refrigerator so the chocolate coating gets nice a crisp. If they sit out they will be a little melty, so just keep that in mind!
Recipe adapted from Center Cut Cook.
- 1 stick unsalted butter, softened
- ¾ cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 Cup all-purpose flour
- 2 Tbls milk
- 3 Cups milk chocolate chips (or any flavor chocolate you prefer)
- With a hand mixer, cream the butter and brown sugar. Add the vanilla and salt and mix to combine.
- Add in the flour and mix until you get a crumbly texture.
- Add the milk and mix. Add in ¾ Cup of the chocolate chips and fold in with a spoon or spatula.
- Take tablespoonsful of the cookie dough and roll into balls, placing them on a tray covered in wax or parchment paper. Place in the freezer for 2 hours or overnight.
- Melt the remaining chocolate chips in a microwave safe container. Microwave in batches of 20 seconds and stirring with a spoon until melted.
- Take out the dough balls and one at a time place into the melted chocolate. Get it coated in the chocolate and using a fork, take it out tapping the excess chocolate off on the side of the bowl. Place on to the wax or parchment paper. Continue until all the dough balls are coated.
- Place back in the freezer for 15 minutes until the chocolate hardens. Transfer bon bons into an air tight container and store in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
Step by Step Directions
I hope you enjoyed this recipe! They are extremely easy to make and guaranteed to be a treat you make over and over!!
You can also use just the cookie dough for many things like a topping for ice cream! What is your favorite way to enjoy cookie dough??
Make sure to check out Parrish’s recipe for this week by clicking on the image below!!
Last week’s cookie recipes:
Looking for more sweet inspiration? Make sure to follow me and my food board on pinterest to see what I’m pinning!Pin It