Hi everyone! I hope you’re ready for this week’s Christmas series recipe! Parrish and I decided not to do your traditional turkey or ham for this main dish but something a little different! Parrish has done an amazing Christmas lasagna and I’ve made a roasted chicken. BUT, not just your average everyday chicken. Slow cooker roasted lemon pepper chicken it is! YUMMY.
Slow Cooker Roasted Lemon Pepper Chicken
You could obviously make this any night of the week but I think it is an especially good idea for a Holiday feast! All you have to do Christmas morning is pop this baby in the slow cooker, then enjoy opening presents, spending time with your family, getting all your sides ready and then BAM! Perfectly cooked super moist chicken with it’s own jus. This can’t get much simpler!
- 1 whole chicken (3-5 pounds)
- 2 Tbls lemon pepper seasoning
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- ½ stick unsalted butter
- Mix the dried spices together in a bowl and set aside.
- Cut the butter into small chunks and set aside.
- Place chicken on plate or chicken safe cutting board. Release the skin from the meat by running you hand under the skin.
- Coat under the skin and outside with the dried seasoning mixture.
- Place the butter under the skin of the chicken.
- Place in crock pot on slow setting 6-8 hours and high setting 5-7 hours.
- Make sure to check with a thermometer, needs to be at least 165 degrees.
Step by Step Instructions
That’s it! See how easy?! Now you have no excuse for an absolutely fabulous Christmas dinner at home!
I hope you enjoyed this recipe and make sure to check back next week for dessert!!
Looking for my Christmas dinner ideas? Click on the links below for the recipes!