Slow Cooker Roasted Lemon Pepper Chicken

Hi everyone! I hope you’re ready for this week’s Christmas series recipe! Parrish and I decided not to do your traditional turkey or ham for this main dish but something a little different! Parrish has done an amazing Christmas lasagna and I’ve made a roasted chicken. BUT, not just your average everyday chicken. Slow cooker roasted lemon pepper chicken it is! YUMMY.

Slow Cooker Roasted Lemon Pepper Chicken

Slow Cooker Roasted Lemon Pepper Chicken, very easy recipe. Comes out amazingly moist and tender! She shows you how to season under the skin and adds butter to keep the chicken basted while cooking. Recipe on http://ThisSillyGirlsLife.com

You could obviously make this any night of the week but I think it is an especially good idea for a Holiday feast! All you have to do Christmas morning is pop this baby in the slow cooker, then enjoy opening presents, spending time with your family, getting all your sides ready and then BAM! Perfectly cooked super moist chicken with it’s own jus. This can’t get much simpler!

Slow Cooker Roasted Lemon Pepper Chicken

Ingredients
  • 1 whole chicken (3-5 pounds)
  • 2 Tbls lemon pepper seasoning
  • 2 tsp garlic powder
  • 1 tsp onion powder
  • ½ stick unsalted butter
Instructions
  1. Mix the dried spices together in a bowl and set aside.
  2. Cut the butter into small chunks and set aside.
  3. Place chicken on plate or chicken safe cutting board. Release the skin from the meat by running you hand under the skin.
  4. Coat under the skin and outside with the dried seasoning mixture.
  5. Place the butter under the skin of the chicken.
  6. Place in crock pot on slow setting 6-8 hours and high setting 5-7 hours.
  7. Make sure to check with a thermometer, needs to be at least 165 degrees.

Step by Step Instructions

Release the skin from the meat by running you hand under the skin.
Coat under the skin and outside with the dried seasoning mixture.

Place the butter under the skin of the chicken.
Place in crock pot on slow setting 6-8 hours and high setting 5-7 hours. Make sure to check with a thermometer, needs to be at least 165 degrees.

That’s it! See how easy?! Now you have no excuse for an absolutely fabulous Christmas dinner at home!

I hope you enjoyed this recipe and make sure to check back next week for dessert!!

Dana's-SignatureTo see Parrish’s yummy lasagna, click on the image below!

get-attachment.aspx

Looking for my Christmas dinner ideas? Click on the links below for the recipes!

Spicy Turkey Cheese Pinwheels | Cheesy Pigs in a Blanket with Honey Mustard

Cheesy Asparagus Tart | Loaded Twice Baked Potatoes

I participate in these linky parties, DIYHSHP and Orj Junkie.

Jess says:
    November 19, 2013

This made me drool! YUMMY!

Thanks again for joining the Link Up this week!

Gina says:
    November 20, 2013

Visiting you from Hope Studios! The chicken looks great – I am printing this off right now. Thanks for the recipe!

Amanda says:
    November 21, 2013

This looks super delicious – and I don’t care much for chicken! Thank you for sharing this recipe ~ I’m going to try it!

November 21, 2013

Lemon pepper is one of my favourite seasonings. Your chicken looks and sounds awesome. Thanks for sharing at Simple Supper Tuesday.

November 21, 2013

Oh my goodness I love lemon pepper chicken!!!!!!! I am making this. Thank you for sharing at the Thursday Favorite Things blog hop xo

Marie says:
    November 22, 2013

This looks so good. I’m always on the look out for more slow cooker recipes – especially this time of year when everything is so busy.

7. I have been wanting to cook a whole chicken in my crockpot for quite some time. I am a bit hesitant because I stink at cutting chicken. I need to get over that. This looks fantastic. Thanks so much for sharing it with our Let’s Get Real readers. Do you have any tips or earlier posts on cutting a whole chicken?

Diane Balch says:
    November 22, 2013

I have never used lemon pepper and I can’t believe I haven’t after looking at your recipe. Thank you so much for posting this on foodie friday.

Kim says:
    November 23, 2013

This looks amazing, always on the lookout for new slow cooker recipes! Stopping by from Foodie Friday.

Chrissy says:
    November 24, 2013

I love lemon pepper chicken but rarely make it! Thanks for the reminder, it’s going on our menu for next week! Loving your blog! You have so many fabulous ideas!

November 24, 2013

Dana, I am just popping over from the Memories by the Mile Link Party. Your slow cooker chicken looks flavorful and appetizing! I want some NOW!! Great recipe you shared. I have pinned, liked and tweeted, and g+-ed. I would love it if you would drop by my site at http://www.kneadedcreations.com for a short visit! I will look forward to seeing you there! Deb @ Kneaded Creations.

Maureen says:
    November 25, 2013

This looks delicious and my mouth is watering! I literally just took a few chicken breasts out of the freezer and was hoping to find a great crockpot meal to use them in. Lemon pepper chicken is a favorite in our house. I may have to experiment a little as I won’t be using a whole chicken, but looks great!

Gretchen Keys says:
      September 3, 2014

Maureen,
      I am going to try this recipe and want to use breasts as well. I noticed you mentioned you were going to use them , too. How did they come out? What did you do differently? Would love to hear from you

Gretchen

November 25, 2013

This looks awesome, Dana! I’m glad you included the photos of how to put the spices and butter underneath the skin–that really helps! Pinning it now since it looks like a really inexpensive but tasty meal!

November 26, 2013

I am now officially starving! Thanks for sharing this yummylicious recipe at Snickerdoodle Sunday!