Reindeer Chow {Muddy Buddies}

1 of 2
Use your ← → (arrow) keys to browse

I love this time of year! There are so many goodies that are preserved just for the holidays, it just makes our favorite treats extra special! Why is that anyway… we think we can only have these yummies when the temperature drops? Who knows, but I’ll take ’em!

One of those holiday treats my family always made is puppy chow! Or, more commonly known as muddy buddies. I doctored them up a little for more of a festive flare by adding holiday m&ms! I KNOW you’re going to love these!!

Reindeer Chow {Muddy Buddies}

Reindeer Chow, commonly known as muddy buddies but with a fun holiday twist! Chocolate and peanut butter coated crispy cereal, tossed in powdered sugar. Seriously the best snack ever!

1 of 2
Use your ← → (arrow) keys to browse

Janell K. says:
    November 30, 2013

I love to eat “puppy chow.” Now..cute name and extra yummies for the Christmas season 🙂

November 30, 2013

I think I just died and ended up in reindeer heaven!

Love it and pinned it!

Thanks so much for linking up at the Super Saturday Link Party!

🙂 Linda

Jelli says:
    November 30, 2013

This looks delicious, Dana! Pinned.

Maria says:
    December 2, 2013

Ohhh this looks so good (and so addicting!) What a great Christmas treat!!!

December 3, 2013

This is wonderful stuff. Looks fantastic. I cannot wait to make it. Thanks for sharing.

Cheryl says:
    December 3, 2013

This looks yummy. I think this will be a project for me and my 7 year old while her brother goes to scouts and her sister goes to activity days. She always feels left out because she doesn’t get to go until she is 8. We have mommy/daughter time during that time of week and I’m always looking for a fun easy project we can do together. This looks just right, fun, easy adn yummy! Thanks for sharing on Tasty Tuesdays! HUGS!

December 3, 2013

Aww, I hope she has fun! This will be perfect!

Lisa L says:
    December 3, 2013

Any idea what could be substituted for the peanut butter for those with nut allergies? I have to avoid all nuts so almond butter is out, too. 🙂 Thanks!

December 4, 2013

I’d say just substitute more chocolate for the peanut butter, YUM!

Mary says:
      December 1, 2015

I make this without peanut butter. I use one bag of chips and one stick of butter. Melt, toss with cereal and then the powdered sugar. Tastes great with mint M&Ms!

Brenda Neudorf says:
        November 20, 2016

So you just omit the peanut butter??
        My grand daughter is allergic to PB so would like to make this PB free

November 20, 2016

Yes, you can, but I would replace it with more chocolate in the same amount of peanut butter. If she can eat other nut butters, that would be a great replacement as well.

C J MvEwen says:
      September 29, 2016

Sun butter makes a peanut free butter from sunflower seeds

December 4, 2013

This is such a cute recipe idea for the holidays… and easy too! 🙂
    Thank you for sharing at Marvelous Mondays this week- Pinned!

Kelly says:
    December 5, 2013

YUM! I remember making something similar to this when I was younger. Thanks so much for linking up to the par-tay — pinning and tweeting! xo

Amy Perdew says:
    December 5, 2013

We recently bought some Muddy Buddy Snickerdoodle Chex Mix at the store because my husband was saying how delicious they were, but they were okay. I did love the velvety goodness that the powdered sugar adds. Your Reindeer Chow Muddy Buddies are just so delicious looking. I have been wanting to make some of my own, thanks for sharing the how to’s so I can get some made. Thanks as always for linking up with us at Inspiration in Progress, I always enjoy your posts.

December 5, 2013

I’ve bought those packs when traveling and they aren’t half as good as the homemade stuff! You will fall in love with these babies, I promise!

Amy Stebbins says:
    December 5, 2013

YUMMY! A nice sweet treat for movie night!!

Michelle says:
    December 5, 2013

This is always a huge hit in my house and geez I almost always forget to make it, thanks for the delicious reminder! 🙂 Michelle

Jamie @ Love Bakes Good Cakes says:
    December 5, 2013

I love the fun holiday spin on muddy buddies 🙂 Thanks so much for linking up to Freedom Fridays, Dana!

Jeri says:
    December 5, 2013

I was looking for this recipe…I saw it on Thifty Thursday! Thanks, I pinned it to make for Christmas treats.

December 5, 2013

Wonderful for munching on while you watch a sweet Hallmark Christmas movie too 🙂
    Thank you for sharing at the Thursday Favorite Things blog hop. I featured you on facebook!♥

December 6, 2013

Thank you so much for sharing your Muddy Buddy recipe at last weeks Saturday Spotlight on Angels Homestead!

Hope to see you again soon!

April

claire says:
    December 6, 2013

Thank you for linking up at Craft, Create and Inspire last weekend 🙂 your awesome project is featured this week !!

Come grab an “I’ve been featured button” hope you will join us again this weekend

http://livel0vecreate.blogspot.co.uk/ (new url)

claire x

Kelley Sparacino says:
    December 11, 2013

I love puppy chow now reindeer chow 🙂 I’m going to make some small baggies of it for my son’s class party this week & I absolutely LOVE your graphic/logo. Is it possible to get just the graphic “Reindeer Chow” without the photo of the mix in the background? I would love to use it for a printable tag & of course would be happy to pay you for your time!
    Thanks & Merry Christmas, Kelley

December 11, 2013

Thanks so much, this sounds like a great idea! I will be contacting you shortly!

sheila b says:
    October 29, 2014

Can this be made without the peanut butter?

October 29, 2014

I’ve never tried but I don’t see why not. Just double up on the chocolate, yum! Let me know how it comes out, thanks!

Judie Dutton says:
    December 5, 2014

These look yummy, and I definitely want to make them. Does it matter what kind of chex cereal you use?

December 5, 2014

I recommend the rice chex, they are light and crispy and I think the flavor work with it the best. Thanks!

Judie Dutton says:
        December 5, 2014

Thanks!

debbie a says:
    December 15, 2014

great recipe and thanks
    Can anyone suggest a substitute for PB for those of us with nut allergies??

Lauren says:
    December 22, 2014

Approx. how many servings does this make? I love the idea as giving this as a gift to my coworkers, and I’ve already purchased cute bags. But I’m not sure if I need to do a double batch or not.

December 22, 2014

Easily 20 servings! Thanks for stopping by, I hope they like it!

August 10, 2016

I’m also planning to make a batch or two for my coworkers. (Using your mason jar idea gift jar idea, too!!) How many oz are you estimating per “serving”? Or how many 32oz mason jars would a batch fill? I’m guessing 3 – 4 jars?

August 10, 2016

I hate to say that I’m not entirely sure. It really makes a LOT. Depending on the size of the mason jars you use too. If you are using the smaller mason jars, I’d say you would get at least 12 portions if not more.

Kara says:
    December 1, 2016

What a great idea to add the holiday M&Ms! I love it! I want to make this for gifts and Christmas day, but need to make some early. How do you recommend storing it, and how long do you think it will be good? Thanks so much! ::)

December 2, 2016

When I make muddy buddies I always store it in an air-tight container in the freezer. That is just a personal preference but it will keep for weeks like that. So, if you want to make it ahead of time, I suggest making this without the m&m’s, freeze it and then right before handing them out as gifts, mix in the m&m’s and package it up. I hope that helps!

Kara says: