How To “Fake” an Infinity Scarf

Have you ever wanted to wear an infinity scarf with a certain outfit but you don’t have one that matches? No worries! Today I will show you how to “fake” the popular infinity scarf look with almost any scarf!

How To “Fake” an Infinity Scarf

How To "Fake" an Infinity Scarf tutorial on

This is a super easy tutorial that literally takes about 30 seconds. This works best with a thinner material long rectangle scarf.

How To "Fake" an Infinity Scarf tutorial on

Grab the long rectangle scarf of your choice.

How To "Fake" an Infinity Scarf tutorial on

Bring the two ends together and make a basic knot.

How To "Fake" an Infinity Scarf tutorial on

Make a second knot as close to the end as possible.

How To "Fake" an Infinity Scarf tutorial on

Put the scarf on with the knot on the back of your neck and twist one time around.

How To "Fake" an Infinity Scarf tutorial on

Put this loop around your head. Tuck in the knot with the extra fabric and make sure any fringe is tucked in as well.

That’s it! Super easy!

I hope you enjoyed this very easy tutorial! What’s your favorite way to wear a scarf?

Dana's-SignatureLooking for more fashion inspiration? Click on the images below to see the post!

I participate in these linky parties, DIYHSHP and Orj Junkie.

November 15, 2013

Awesome idea! I’m going to share this with my tween daughter who would wear a scarf everyday if I let her. Thanks for sharing.

November 15, 2013

Hey Dana,
    I am just now discovering scarves at the ripe old age of 50 something. This is a wonderful idea. Thanks for sharing. <3 Kim

November 15, 2013

Oh Dana I love this idea!!! Very much needed! I’m trying this tonight..thanks! Oh and I’m pinning too 🙂

November 16, 2013

I love wearing scarves but I don’t have any infinity ones. Now I can fake it! Thanks so much for the great tutorial! Pinning this now! I hopped over from Saturday Show and Tell.

November 16, 2013

Hi this is a great idea! I love scarves and this way looks so nice. TFS on lemon paper design party. Julie at

November 16, 2013

Brilliant! I have a ton of long skinny pashminas that would be perfect for this! Pinning, and thanks so much for sharing it at my link party!

Taryn says:
    November 17, 2013

I just wanted to stop by and say that I make infinity scarves out of almost anything! All I do is take a simple, sleeveless, flimsy shift dress or longer skirt that has a great pattern/color and i bunch it up and put my head through it! It makes a beautiful faux scarf! I would love to post pics of this, but I don’t know how…?

Abby says:
    November 18, 2013

cute idea! Very handy!

November 18, 2013

Ha, ha! Nice trick : no knitting, no sewing 😉 I stopped by from Marvelous Mondays Linky and I’m following you through your Facebook page. I hope you’ll return the favor 😉
    Have a nice day

November 18, 2013

Nice! Simple and yet oh so versitile and fashionable! Brilliant idea, thanks for sharing at Snickerdoodle Sunday!

Cynthia L says:
    November 18, 2013

I love wearing scarves and am glad to know this tip! Thanks for linking to the In and Out of the Kitchen party. See you next week.

November 19, 2013

GREAT post! After reading this on Sunday morning, you inspired me to rock a “fake” infinity scarf to church. LOVED it! 🙂

November 19, 2013

YAY! I’m so glad you tried it out!

Jess says:
    November 19, 2013

This is a great tip!!

Again, thanks for joining the Link Up this week!

Tamsyn says:
    November 19, 2013

Great idea!! And super cute scarf too 🙂

November 20, 2013

Lovely as always. The texture in that scarf really lends itself to this style! I’m pinning to the Pinworthy Party Features, because, yup! you’re featured!!!

Megin says:
    November 21, 2013

I love this, Dana! Thank you for sharing on Brag About It Link Party this week. I’m a scarf addict but don’t have an infinity scarf yet. I’m going to try this!
    ~ Megin of VMG206

Maya says:
    November 21, 2013

Ingenious! Love the colors on the scarf!

Maria B says:
    November 23, 2013

Great tips Dana, thanks again for sharing at the Krafty Inspiration Thursday Party.

Chrissy says:
    November 24, 2013

Great idea! I never ever thought of this and love wearing infinity scarfs! Thanks for sharing at our Mommy Club Linky Party! I can’t wait to see more ideas and projects that you have!

DeeDee says:
    November 28, 2013

Awesome! Thanks for the tip!

Helen Powell says:
    April 11, 2014

Thank you for your easy to follow tutorial. You did a great job for turning or to “fake” the popular infinity scarf look with almost any scarf.