Lazy Day Lasagna {Ravioli Casserole}

I don’t know about you, but sometimes I crave a certain dish but either I don’t have all the supplies on hand or let’s face it… I’m feelin’ lazy. In steps today’s recipe, perfect for a day like this! Lazy day lasagna is a snazzy way of saying ravioli casserole. Oh yes.

Lazy Day Lasagna {Ravioli Casserole} recipe from http://ThisSillyGirlsLife.com #LazyLasagna #RavioliCasserole #Italian

Ingredients

20 oz ravioli, frozen

3 Cups meat sauce, or jarred sauce

1/2 Cup ricotta cheese

2 Cups shredded mozzarella (1 bag)

parmesan cheese for sprinkling

Directions

Cook raviolis through to the directions on the package. While they are cooking, heat oven to 350 degrees. Mix the meat sauce with the ricotta so it is combined.

Spray an oven safe dish with cooking spray. Put about a half cup of the sauce on the bottom of the dish and spread it out. Layer on a single layer of ravioli. Top with some mozzarella cheese, a sprinkle of parmesan cheese and another 1/2 cup of sauce. Keep doing this until you have layered all the raviolis.

Try to only use a half of the mozzarella cheese while layering, On the very top there should be the layer with the remaining sauce, top that with all of the mozzarella that is left. Cook this for about 25 minutes or until bubbly, no need to top it with foil. Let it cool before serving, this baby is hot!

That’s it! Dish it out and your in lazy lasagna heaven!

Thanks so much for reading!

Lazy Day Lasagna

Ingredients
  • 20 oz ravioli, frozen
  • 3 Cups meat sauce, or jarred sauce
  • ½ Cup ricotta cheese
  • 2 Cups shredded mozzarella (1 bag)
  • parmesan cheese for sprinkling
Instructions
  1. Cook raviolis through to the directions on the package. While they are cooking, heat oven to 350 degrees.
  2. Mix the meat sauce with the ricotta so it is combined.
  3. Spray an oven safe dish with cooking spray. Put about a half cup of the sauce on the bottom of the dish and spread it out. Layer on a single layer of ravioli. Top with some mozzarella cheese, a sprinkle of parmesan cheese and another ½ cup of sauce.
  4. Keep doing this until you have layered all the raviolis. Try to only use a half of the mozzarella cheese while layering, On the very top there should be the layer with the remaining sauce, top that with all of the mozzarella that is left.
  5. Cook this for about 25 minutes or until bubbly, no need to top it with foil. Let it cool before serving, this baby is hot!

Dana's-SignatureLooking for more lazy dishes? Click on the images below for the recipe!

Fast Flavorful Homemade Chili Recipe from ThisSillyGirlsLife.com

crock pot french dip

crock pot bbq pulled chicken

I participate in these linky parties, DIYHSHP and Orj Junkie.

October 4, 2013

I was hooked at your title…I guess I love finding lazy recipes! This looks super easy so I’m pinning it now. I’m visiting from Serenity Now. Have a great weekend!

Maria says:
    October 4, 2013

This looks so yummy! What a great way to use those filled fresh pasta bits.
    Thanks for sharing!

October 5, 2013

What a perfect, comfort food! You can’t go wrong with lasagna 🙂
    I found you at the Best of the Weekend link party!

October 5, 2013

Ooh ravioli lasagna sounds absolutely amazing! Thanks for sharing the recipe at my link party; pinning this one for sure!

AnnMarie says:
    October 5, 2013

This is a delicious looking way to cheat! I never thought to use ravioli…perfect! Visiting from Weekend Wonder.

October 6, 2013

This looks terrific. I cannot wait to try this recipe. Thanks for sharing it.

Catherine says:
    October 8, 2013

Dear Dana, I love how simple and delicious this recipe is…perfect for those crazy week nights. Stopping by from Sweet & Savoury. Visit soon. Blessings, Catherine xo

AnnMarie says:
    October 8, 2013

Had to come back to tell you that I made this last night for dinner. It was SO good! My husband ate most of it and took the rest to work today! Great recipe!

October 9, 2013

YAY!! You’ve made my day, so glad you both loved it!

October 9, 2013

My family loves this type of casserole. I love that is so much quicker than regular lasagna. Thanks for sharing at Simple Supper Tuesday.

carissa says:
    October 9, 2013

um, totally making this tonight. can’t believe i never thought about using ravioli as lasagna. genius girl!

Ritchil says:
    October 9, 2013

I love lasagna and this looks delicious! Thanks for the recipe!

Leah says:
    October 9, 2013

This looks so easy and delicious. I think my kids will even eat it! Who doesn’t like raviolis? Thanks for sharing it at the Friday Follow Along. Hope you will stop by again this week because we are featuring this!

October 10, 2013

Hi, I love this recipe! My family would love this and this is so much easier than making the traditional lasagna! I saw it on domestic superhero’s party.
    Julie at julieslifestyle.blogspot.com

theresa says:
    October 10, 2013

Brilliant!! I will for sure try these. Thanks!

October 11, 2013

I am a huge lasagna fan and so is my family. We could eat lasagna for days and be absolutely content. 😉 This looks so, so, so good. Thanks for sharing this recipe, I will have to try it. Thank you for linking up to Thrifty Thursday.

October 13, 2013

Love this recipe! I have never thought about putting ravioli in my lasagna, but it’s an excellent idea! Thanks so much for sharing on Turn It Up Tuesdays! We love having you! 🙂

Rhonda says:
    October 17, 2013

Krista Low says:
    October 17, 2013

What a fabulous idea! I love it. Sometimes Lasagna sounds so good but I don’t want to deal with the noodles and layering. This makes it all easy! Love it!

Saluni Joy says:
    March 22, 2014

Your photos made me feel like I was sitting in your lap — crushing you What a fabulous idea! I love the look of your blog site…and title! Too cute! Great name for the recipe!I have never thought about putting ravioli in my Lasagna, but it’s an excellent tasty! Thanks so much for sharing on Turn It Up Saturday! We love having you!

denise says:
    January 22, 2015

is it necessary to cook ravioli’s? Found another ravioli lasagne recipe which ravioli’s weren’t pre-cooked?

January 22, 2015

I never tried it that way so I can’t tell you for sure how it will come out. If you try it and it works, I’m sure we would all love to know! Thanks for asking.