Fall Fabric Wreath

YAY! Aren’t you guys so super excite for fall?! I know I am, I love love love fall! So I got a head start on this fall fabric wreath for our front door. I really love how it turned out and I hope you do too!

Fall Fabric Wreath tutorial from #Fall #Wreath #FallDecor #FabricWreath #Orange

This is really super easy, I think it might be the easiest wreath I’ve made yet! I got the idea for the circle part of the wreath itself from awesome blogger Made in a Day’s Spring Duck Cloth Wreath. I totally swooned over hers when I first saw it and knew I had to make one for myself!

1 yard fabric

branch type fake flowers

glue gun

Styrofoam flat ring

wire cutter

Take the fabric pattern side down on a flat surface. Place the ring in the center of the fabric. Place a smaller circle inside.

Fall Fabric Wreath tutorial from #Fall #Wreath #FallDecor #FabricWreath #Orange

Mark around the small circle in the middle with a marker. Mark around the outer large circle about 4 inched from the ring all the way around. Cut this out.

Fall Fabric Wreath tutorial from #Fall #Wreath #FallDecor #FabricWreath #Orange

Measure and cut a piece of the fabric and glue inside the wreath’s circle. This will help cover up the ring during the next step.

Place the ring back on the fabric and making slits in the center circle to the base of the ring all the way around. Hot glue gun these pieces to the ring.

Fall Fabric Wreath tutorial from #Fall #Wreath #FallDecor #FabricWreath #Orange

tip: use a skewer or chop stick to hold the pieces in place so you don’t burn your fingers on the hot glue

Now, do the same on the outside, cutting the slit all the way around. This time pull the fabric tight so it forms to the ring shape.

Fall Fabric Wreath tutorial from #Fall #Wreath #FallDecor #FabricWreath #Orange

The fabric will over lap a little with each additional piece, this is exactly right. When you are done you might have some excess fabric, trim off any excess so the back looks like this:

Fall Fabric Wreath tutorial from #Fall #Wreath #FallDecor #FabricWreath #Orange

The front looks like this:

Fall Fabric Wreath tutorial from #Fall #Wreath #FallDecor #FabricWreath #Orange

Take your branches and place them on the ring. Using these pins I found (I forget the name, I’m so sorry! They were at the store by the sewing supplies, I’m sure you can find them easily.) I used them to secure the branches to the ring.

Fall Fabric Wreath tutorial from #Fall #Wreath #FallDecor #FabricWreath #Orange

Cut off the excess stems with the wire cutter. Place a piece of burlap around the place where the branches meet and hot glue that to the back of the ring. Place a strip of ribbon in the center of the burlap and hot glue that as well.

Fall Fabric Wreath tutorial from #Fall #Wreath #FallDecor #FabricWreath #Orange

Hot glue the bow of your choice on the front.

Fall Fabric Wreath tutorial from #Fall #Wreath #FallDecor #FabricWreath #Orange

To see a step-by-step tutorial on how to make this bow click here!

Place the ornament on the wreath holder first, then place the wreath on the holder. And that’s it!

Fall Fabric Wreath tutorial from #Fall #Wreath #FallDecor #FabricWreath #Orange

I love how it came out so much, it really brightens up our doorway!

Fall Fabric Wreath tutorial from #Fall #Wreath #FallDecor #FabricWreath #Orange

I hope you enjoyed this tutorial! What are you looking forward to most this fall?!

Dana's-SignatureClick on the images below for more wreath inspiration!

I participate in these linky parties, DIYHSHP and Orj Junkie.

Ana says:
    September 13, 2013

I love how simple this is and how beautifully it turned out!

Catherine says:
      September 25, 2015

Your wreaths are really nice! The piece of wire, that you held down the fabric with, is called an s-pin. It is by fabric, but, actually, it is part of floral design. it is used to attach product to styrofoam, just as you did! Great Job! Thanks!

Kelsey says:
    September 13, 2013

SUPER CUTE! Stopping by from Diana Rambles and pinned! 🙂

Brittany says:
    September 13, 2013

This is so pretty! I love the fabric you used!

T'onna says:
    September 13, 2013

I love this wreath! That orange fabric is really cute, and I like that you showed how you cut it to put it on the wreath. Clever! I’m pinning it!

Navy Wifey Peters @ Submarine Sunday Link Party

5. Very cute! Thanks for sharing this with our Let’s Get Real readers. I especially appreciate the tip on avoiding burning my fingers……………because you know I was going to burn them. LOL! I think even with my busy schedule, I could whip one of these up in a jiffy and enjoy the fall as you are.

Angela says:
    September 13, 2013

I have been feeling super crafty lately, which is not like me! Maybe it’s the Fall Weather? This looks gorgeous, easy and fun!

7. Your fabric wreath is very pretty, love the fabric and it’s color. Perfect for Fall 🙂

September 13, 2013

you make that look super easy! I am wanting more whispiness in my wreath (like yours) so I bought some stuff from the dollar store. we’ll see.

September 13, 2013

I love this wreath! Those little sprigs of flowers are super adorable and it’s so festive! Pinning, and thanks so much for sharing at my link party!

Marielle says:
    September 13, 2013

Did you put a strip of fabric around the inside of the ring first? Cute, cute, cute wreath.

april says:
    September 14, 2013

Hi! It looks like you used fabric around the inner ring before you cut the slits and glued them to the wreath. Is that so? Please let me know! Thanks!

September 14, 2013

OOPS I totally forgot to add that step, yes! I’m adding that in now, thanks!

april says:
        September 23, 2013

Thanks so much! and btw, such a cute cute wreath!

September 14, 2013

LOVE this! Featuring it today on my Facebook page – thanks for sharing it at the {what’s shakin’} link party!

Ritchil says:
    September 14, 2013

Your fall wreath is so pretty! Thank you for the tutorial!

Antonella says:
    September 15, 2013

Great wreath and tutorial! Love the fabrics you used, they truly enhance your wreath! I’ve pinned this so I can keep it handy.
    I found you through the Answer is Chocolate Link Party where I have the following projects linked; Spooky Halloween Card and Subway Art Printable, would love it if you’d stop by too.
    Hugs, antonella 🙂

September 16, 2013

It is so cute Dana! I love the mix of the fabric and the ribbon you chose- so pretty and perfect for the harvest theme!! It would be awesome if you were willing to share this at the Fall Get Your DIY On Link Party: Fall Wreaths going on right now on five blogs! I would love to invite you over to the happy housie to link up if you haven’t already done so! Hope to see you there!!

September 19, 2013

Sooo glad you came over to share this Dana. It is one of my favourite wreaths that I have seen so far this fall season! Thank you so much for sharing this at the Get Your DIY On Fall Wreath Challenge this week! Hope to see you back next week with a thrifty upcycled project!

September 16, 2013

I love this wreath! There’s so many cute fall fabrics out there so the possibilities for this project are endless! Would you mind to link this up to my Frugal Crafty Home Blog Hop? My readers love to see cute project like your wreath! Thank you!

deonna says:
    September 16, 2013

I’m loving this wreath and the simplicity of it! I just made some wreaths with friends at a craft night and we made embroidery hoop fall wreaths. I’m going to do my first blog giveaway this week to give the one I made away and am really excited. I would love for you to come check it out! I might have to make this one too and just rotate them every week or two…it would be cute for any season or holiday

September 17, 2013

Gorgeous wreath! I haven’t made a fabric wreath yet but your instructions make it seem really easy. Adding to my to do list.

Thanks for linking up to the Pinworthy Projects Party!

September 17, 2013

I love this idea! So much better than wrapping a strip around and around. Thanks for sharing!

Ila says:
    September 17, 2013

Hopping over from Ladybug Blessings! Adorable wreath that looks so cute and easy to make! Thanks for the great idea!

September 18, 2013

Dana, this wreath is beautiful! I’ve been thinking about making a fall wreath but I just haven’t done it yet. You’ve inspired me! Pinning and sharing this on social media. Thanks so much for sharing at Marvelous Mondays!

PS, Maybe it’s been a bit since I stopped by your blog (shame on me!) but I just wanted to say that I love the new design! It looks great and it really makes your blog stand out. 🙂

September 18, 2013

Thank you sooo much for the share and stopping by! I’m glad you’re liking the new design, thanks so much!

Brittany says:
    September 18, 2013

Your wreath is beautiful! Great tutorial and thanks for sharing!

September 18, 2013

Hi, you did a great job making this fall wreath! I saw it on wow me wed.
    Julie from

24. This is a beautiful wreath!! I am going to make it this weekend!!! Thanks for linking at Show Me Your Plaid Monday’s!!

September 18, 2013

Hey girl, I didn’t know this was your wreath! I’ve seen it everywhere. Love using fabric. Super cute. This will be one of my features on the Blog Hop so don’t forget to link back up Sunday @ 8 pm C and grab your featured button! Thanks for sharing at the Frugal Crafty Home Blog Hop. Have a wonderful day!

September 18, 2013

Your wreath is beautiful! Great tutorial and I love the colors and fabric pattern. Pinning this one to my fall favorites board and sharing on FB. LOVE IT!!!

DeeDee says:
    September 19, 2013

This is very lovely! Great fabric too! Thanks for sharing! 🙂

September 19, 2013

That’s lovely Dana! Beautiful for fall! Thanks for sharing at Share your Stuff Tuesday 🙂

September 19, 2013

Dana – I absolutely loved this post. You’re featured at the Friday Flash Blog on The Jenny Evolution this week. Thanks for sharing and keep evolving.

Jennifer @ The Jenny Evolution

September 20, 2013

This is very pretty! So perfect for fall!
    Thanks for linking up to this week’s Catch a Glimpse Party! I’ll be featuring this tomorrow!

Rachelle S. says:
    September 20, 2013

This is beautiful! And I love the ombre wreath too. Gorgeous!

Amber says:
    September 20, 2013

I really like this! It is so simple but beautiful. What happens when it rains though? Will that mess with the fabric at all? Just curious because I want to try my hand at one!

If you have time you should totally link this up at our Blog Strut! We would LOVE to have you!

September 20, 2013

It has rained a few times since I put this up but so far so good. It is out in the open (no glass door or screen to cover it) but our door is set in about 3-4 feet so that helps protect it. Good question, I honestly don’t know, LOL!

September 24, 2013

I just love your wreath, Dana! It was one of my favorite links to Home{work} Wednesday last week and will be featured on my blog tonight. Thank you for linking up!

September 24, 2013

I love love love this wreath! And I love how you placed the fabric on it. Super cute! I’m featuring this tonight at my link party and pinning!

September 24, 2013

LOVE this wreath! It is so pretty! Love the orange fabric! Thanks for sharing at {Homemade By You} you are going to be featured tonight! Hope to have you swing by again!

Maria B says:
    September 25, 2013

This wreath is beautiful! Thank you so much for sharing it at the Krafty Inspiration Thursday Link Party, you have been chosen as one of the top 5 featured posts at tomorrows party.
    Have a lovely evening!
    Maria @ Krafty Cards etc.

Ginger says:
    September 26, 2013

Featuring YOU today over on my blog! Thank you so much for linking up to {wow me} wednesday!

Ginger @

38. Ok so I made this and followed your directions. You gave such good and detailed information that I was able to make a beautiful wreath that is now hanging on my front door!!! Thank you for this great post!!!

October 3, 2013

YAY!!! I’m so glad you made it! I would love to see pictures, hehe 😉

Jessica H says:
    October 3, 2013

I LOVE your fabric wreath! Thank you for the tutorial!

nadinejune says:
    October 21, 2013

Love it….too much!! 🙂 But would love to find a plaque/ornament like that…could you share where you got it?

Thanks!! nj

October 22, 2013

I got it at Joanne…. they should still have that ones or something similar!