DIY Cake Topper Bunting

Another crafty post today! Wheeee! I think this diy cake topper bunting I made is so super whimsically cute! Dontcha think??

DIY Cake Topper Bunting tutorial from http://ThisSillyGirlsLife.com #DIY #CakeTopper #Bunting

It is also sooo super easy to make and would be a perfect little something something for a Holiday get together! (Or just a fun night at home!)

Supplies

3 pages scrap booking paper, whatever colors/pattern you like

twine

2 skewers

scissors

glue gun

piece of paper

pencil

Directions

Start off by drawing a triangle as perfectly as you can, like I did. OR, you can be super duper smart and do it the right way with graphing paper, but I don’t have time to mess around with cool stuff like that. So, I just did my best like so:

Now, you need to cut out your triangle template and trace it on the back side of the scrap booking paper, just as many as you need. Cut these out and set aside. Cut two pieces off the twine, one slightly shorter then the other. Placing a small dot of hot glue on the top of the skewer, wrap the twine around the skewer, holding in place to make sure the glue cools to keep it in place. Do this for both ends of each piece of twine.

Now, we are going to attach the triangles. Fold the triangles in half so the pointy ends match exactly. Add a small line of glue to the crease of the triangles.

Place this on to the twine in the spot you want the triangle to go, keeping it on a flat surface. However you place the paper on the twine is how it will hang, so don’t hold it at a funny angle or you will have bunting that is flying off in different directions! Add a dot of glue to close the two sides together.

Repeat this as many times as you like for the bunting. I kept it so the triangles were spaced evenly apart, varying the different papers.

That’s it! Now it’s ready to adorn any cake or cheesecake!

I hope you enjoyed this easy tutorial. I love how the twine in this project gives it a nice rustic feel, perfect for fall!

Dana's-Signature

Here are a few more DIY projects I think you’ll enjoy. Click on the image to go directly to the post:

w3

m7

ffinal

I participate in these linky parties, DIYHSHP and Orj Junkie.

Ali Burtt says:
    September 27, 2013

Very cute! Thanks for the tutorial. ~Ali from Pies & Puggles

September 27, 2013

Thanks for this tutorial Dana! I think bunting on cake looks so cute. I love the fall colors that you have used. Pinning this and thanks for sharing!

Barb says:
    September 27, 2013

I love your choices of paper for the banner flags! My fav is the one that looks like a letter. That might be because I love all things to do with paper and letter writing which I drone on about over at http://www.ritewhileucan.com. Visiting today via LOBS. ps. now I am hungry for pumpkin anything! 🙂

September 27, 2013

This is great! My Mimi is coming for a visit next weekend and will be celebrating her 92nd birthday! I’ve been planning to do something like this, but wasn’t positive how I’d fit “Happy 92nd Birthday, Mimi!” onto tiny bunting. Now I know! Thanks so much for sharing! This is so helpful and adorable!

nicole says:
    September 28, 2013

I think this adorable. I love it so cute! can’t wait to try.

Erin Kennedy says:
    September 29, 2013

Love this! These are so cute and creative and not too difficult!

September 29, 2013

Hey I am stopping by from Cookin for the seven dwarf link party! This is so neat! I like crafty things like this! 🙂

Georgia says:
    September 29, 2013

This is so cute. I’ve been wanting to make a cake bunting for a while now. Thanks for sharing this!

Sarah says:
    September 30, 2013

So cute, I love the simplicity of this topper.

September 30, 2013

I can never write prettily on a cake, this is a great way to convey a message without scrawling all over it! Thanks so much for sharing it at the Pinworthy Project Party.

Heather says:
    September 30, 2013

It’s PRECIOUS! Love it! My little one is having a “vintage” birthday party at the end of the month – can’t wait to whip out one of these! Thanks so much for linking it up at the party… you always share wonderful things! 🙂

Eliza says:
    October 1, 2013

I’ve been looking for a tutorial on how to do this. I really want to put one on my daughter’s 1st birthday cake. This is perfect, thank you so much for sharing!
    Eliza @ lizalouloves.blogspot.com

Chelsea says:
    October 1, 2013

I love this! It’s such a cute and easy way to add some decoration! Thanks for sharing 🙂

Michelle says:
    October 1, 2013

Oh my gosh they are the cutest freaking things Iv ever seen! I love how youve made the little sticks to hold up the bunting as well, so clever 🙂

Sarah says:
    October 2, 2013

Adorable and easily customizable for any holiday! Pinning for later! Thanks for sharing.

October 2, 2013

This is just too stinkin cute! Im pinning this one to our board!! Thanks for sharing it with the DIY Showcase Party!!

Shelly from MinettesMaze

Sara Howe says:
    October 3, 2013

Very cute idea! Thanks for linking up at Feed Me Friday!

18. This is such a cute and quick idea to add some fun to a cake. Thank for linking it up at my Real Family Fun link party. I’m featuring this tomorrow on my social media sites.
    Have a great weekend.
    KC

October 3, 2013

thanks for linking up to the all things pretty party. i loved this cake topper. simple but makes it look so martha stewart~

October 4, 2013

Super cute; I love these but have never made one! Now since you showed us how easy they are I can’t wait to try it! Thanks! 🙂