DIY Canister Re-Style

Ready for another craft? Don’t worry, this one is so easy even I didn’t mess it up! As you may or may not know, Jeremy and I have been sprucing up our decor around the condo. We started off with kitchen and we had these canisters that sit on the counter that just looked bleh but nothing was wrong with them. They certainly weren’t garbage material. So, I did this spiffy DIY canister re-style for all of you’s, aren’t you lucky!

can4

This is what I started with (excuse the dirt, tee hee):

can1

Then I took this cute ribbon and hot glued that baby around the top like so:

can2

Then, I made a bow with extra ribbon around the latch. Put on these super cute chalkboard stickers. Named them accordingly and TA DA:

can3

Cute, right?! I love it, gives a nice touch that was missing! Wait until you see my brand new re-styled kitchen! Stayed tuned by subscribing to my e-mail updates or connecting with any one of my social media!

Thanks for reading!

**This post may contain affiliate links to products I use or are similar to items mentioned in this post. If you purchase a product from a link used, This Silly Girl's Kitchen will receive a small commission. Thank you for helping to support this website and keep the recipes and information provided free to you!**

Dale says:
    August 19, 2013

Love it, Dana…Keep the ideas coming!!!!

Kathy says:
    August 19, 2013

I love the jars! Great idea.

Marilyn says:
    August 20, 2013

What a great face lift for these canisters!

August 20, 2013

Hi, you made the canisters look so pretty the way you decorated them. I saw it on table for seven.
    Julie from julieslifestyle.blogspot.com

5. It’s really doesn’t take a lot to go from blah to brilliant! Your canister set looks so cute now and it’s a practical change too, since you can now label them! Thanks for sharing, [email protected]

Gina says:
    August 22, 2013

These look SO much better! What a great idea! 🙂
    Gina @ Gina’s Craft Corner

August 22, 2013

These look great! I’ve been wanting to do a similar project for a while now, thanks for the inspiration to get my own project going!

August 22, 2013

I love these I so need to get me some of those labels. Saw it on Crafty Thursday Obsessions

Kelly says:
    August 22, 2013

Love this idea!!

Luchessa says:
    August 24, 2013

Ah this looks so adorable & makes every kitchen looks a bit prettier. Thanks for sharing this tip Dana 🙂
    xo

Heather May says:
    August 24, 2013

Gorgeous! I have been reusing every piece of glass that comes into my house. My kids drink an organic juice that comes in a glass bottle and they go through 1 a day. I can’t bring myself to throw that much away so this will be an amazing upcycle!!! Thanks for linking up to the Friday Follow Along!

Sarah Bailey says:
    August 24, 2013

Wow what a difference a bit of ribbon and label makes – I would never have thought they were the same jars! Love it!

Thank you for link up with the I Love My Post Blog Hop

Sarah
    Life in a Break Down
    xx

Colette says:
    August 24, 2013

Love the ribbon – what a cute idea!

Sharon says:
    August 24, 2013

Isn’t it wonderful how a few simple changes can make something looking so new? These are gorgeous. I especially love the stickers. Gotta learn how to do those!

Michelle says:
    August 25, 2013

So cute – love the ribbon and upcycling what you already have! Thanks for linking up with My Favorite Posts Show Off Weekend Blog Party.

Michelle @ On A Wing And A Prayer

lynda - healthy crafty mommys says:
    August 25, 2013

these look really good, I love the idea thanks for posting!

August 26, 2013

Thank you for sharing this on Thursday SWEET HAUTE Share! I really enjoyed this post.

Christina at
    SWEET HAUTE

Jamie @ Love Bakes Good Cakes says:
    August 27, 2013

What a cute project, Dana 🙂 Thanks so much for linking up to All My Bloggy Friends last week – I hope you’ll join us again tomorrow. I look forward to seeing what you’ve been working on this week! 🙂

Jerri says:
    August 29, 2013

These look great! Thanks for linking up with me for Friday Favorites. I’m featuring you this week!

1Pingbacks & Trackbacks on DIY Canister Re-Style