Bruschetta with Garlic Crostini

This is really a perfect appetizer! It is light and refreshing, great for a light starter or pairing with a salad to make it a full meal. Bruschetta with garlic crostini is sure to be a hit in your house like it was ours!

Bruschetta with Garlic Crostini recipe from http://ThisSillyGirlsLife.com

Directions

Bruschetta with Garlic Crostini recipe from http://ThisSillyGirlsLife.com

Next for the crostini, mix the olive oil with the seasoning. Brush the mixture on to the crostinin that are placed on a cookie sheet.

Bruschetta with Garlic Crostini recipe from http://ThisSillyGirlsLife.com

Place under a low broiler until lightly toasted. Flip and toast on the other side. When the toast is still warm, rub with a piece of garlic.

Bruschetta with Garlic Crostini recipe from http://ThisSillyGirlsLife.com

Using a slotted spoon place the chilled bruschetta on top of the garlic crostini and you’re done!

Bruschetta with Garlic Crostini recipe from http://ThisSillyGirlsLife.com

I hope you enjoy this recipe, thanks so much for reading!

Bruschetta with Garlic Crostini

Author:

Ingredients
For the bruschetta:
  • 3 each beef steak tomatoes, large
  • ½ pint grape tomatoes
  • 2 Tbls basil, fresh
  • ¼ tsp oregano, fresh
  • 2 Tbls extra virgin olive oil
  • 1 Tbls garlic powder
  • ½ Cup parmigiano reggiano, fresh grated
  • Salt and pepper to taste
For the Garlic Crostini:
  • 1 each french bread loaf, cut thinly
  • ½ Cup extra virgin olive oil
  • 1 tsp bread dipping seasoning (optional)
  • 2 each garlic cloves
Instructions
  1. First make the bruschetta. Cut the tomatoes to a small dice. Cut the basil in thin strips (chiffonade). Chop the oregano. Mix this with the remaining ingredients, cover with plastic wrap and set in fridge.
For the Garlic Crostini:
  1. Mix the olive oil with the seasoning.
  2. Brush the mixture on to the crostinin that are placed on a cookie sheet.
  3. Place under a low broiler until lightly toasted.
  4. Flip and toast on the other side.
  5. When the toast is still warm, rub with a piece of garlic.

I participate in these linky parties.

**This post may contain affiliate links to products I use or are similar to items mentioned in this post. If you purchase a product from a link used, This Silly Girl's Kitchen will receive a small commission. Thank you for helping to support this website and keep the recipes and information provided free to you!**

For more yummy inspiration make sure to follow my food board on Pinterest!

LydiaF says:
    August 23, 2013

Love the freshness, and your new bloggy look! wtg 🙂

Paula says:
    August 24, 2013

You have a new picture and design! Love it! Thaks for coming to Saturday Dishes! sharing your bruschetta on fb and twitter!

Sarah Bailey says:
    August 24, 2013

Oh wow that looks delicious and simple! So tempted to try it thank you 🙂

Thank you for link up with the I Love My Post Blog Hop

Sarah
    Life in a Break Down
    xx

Diane Balch says:
    August 24, 2013

This is such a celebration of fresh tomatoes. Thank you for sharing your bruschetta with us on foodie friday.

August 24, 2013

Amazing pictures! This looks delicious! Although, as much as I love tomatoes, I might be inclined to make and eat an entire loaf of the garlic crostini, forgetting to add the bruschetta! Visiting from Show Off Weekend Blog Party

Sarah says:
    August 25, 2013

Oh yummy! This looks so good. Thanks for sharing.
    Sarah
    Creative Ramblings

August 27, 2013

Love bruschetta….and garlic! Pinning this for my husband. 🙂

Marie says:
    August 27, 2013

We love bruschetta, especially when tomatoes and basil are fresh from the garden. It’s a favorite of my youngest daughter. Visiting from All My Bloggy Friends link party.

August 27, 2013

This looks AMAZING and I have most of the ingredients available in my garden right now. This is going on my menu for Week 1 of football! Thanks for sharing. Visiting from the Sugar Bee Crafts post party!

August 28, 2013

Dana, I have been CRAVING bruschetta and yours looks incredible. Thanks so much–I’m totally putting this on next week’s menu!

August 28, 2013

tomatoes and bread, tow of m y favorite things 🙂 thanks for linking up to wake up wednesdays

August 29, 2013

Looks yummy! perfect for an end of the summer party 🙂 Thanks for sharing at Share Your Stuff Tuesdays!

T'ONNA says:
    August 30, 2013

I haven’t have Bruschetta in years! Yours looks really delicious! Thanks for sharing at Submarine Sunday!

September 2, 2013

fresh, a little bit fancy and oh so yummy Thank you for sharing at the Thursday Favorite things hop xo