DIY Magnetic Dry Erase Board

Hi there! I’ve been wanting to make one of these for a while now and just finally got around to it. We are updating the decor around here and starting with the kitchen. So now was the perfect time to do a little DIY! This DIY Magnetic Dry Erase Board really comes in handy for a to do list, grocery list or just to write cute notes on. Making it with cute paper, a nice frame and bow really makes a nice touch to any kitchen!

DIY Magnetic Dry Erase Board

Items Needed

Decorative Paper

8 Round Magnets

Hot Glue Gun

Dry Erase Marker

DIY Magnetic Dry Erase Board

Measure paper to fit in frame and place inside frame.

DIY Magnetic Dry Erase Board

Make bow and attach with hot glue gun. Also, attach magnets with hot glue.

DIY Magnetic Dry Erase Board

Attach marker by looping cap onto bow.

DIY Magnetic Dry Erase Board

Yeah, it’s almost laughable how easy this is…. seriously! And it’s so pretty, I think you need one too! I’ve seen different boards similar to this around but none exactly like this with the magnets and everything. So, if you see one very similar I’m not stealing their idea I promise! Thanks for reading!

I participate in these linky parties.

**This post may contain affiliate links to products I use or are similar to items mentioned in this post. If you purchase a product from a link used, This Silly Girl's Kitchen will receive a small commission. Thank you for helping to support this website and keep the recipes and information provided free to you!**

…to see the other linky parties I link to or to see all my blog party buttons please click here!**

Terri Walker says:
    July 4, 2013

This is such a cool (and easy!) idea! I have so much Stampin’ Up! designer series paper which cute patterns to use for my customers and friends! TFS.

BeBetsy says:
    July 4, 2013

That’s darn cute and what a great idea using a frame and scrapbook paper for the background. Great project!

Thanks for sharing on the BeBetsy BRAG ABOUT IT. And for the LINK back to BeBetsy.

Sharon and Denise ♡
    Fashion | Food | Beauty | Out & About | Morning Coffee

Nicole says:
    July 5, 2013

Stopping by from the Serenity Now Weekend Bloggy Reading link party. I love this idea. I am always losing my running grocery list!

4. I love these quick easy projects! Thanks for sharing at the Shady Porch. I tweeted your project today too! Have a great weekend! Blessings, [email protected]

Michelle says:
    July 5, 2013

What a great idea! I love it! I’d love to try making this! Thanks for linking up with us at the Ladies Only Blog Share!

July 6, 2013

Thank you! I would love to see how yours comes out!

Camila says:
    July 6, 2013

I just LOOOOOOVE this Dana! Awesome Job!!!

Hugs and xoxo

Cathy says:
    July 7, 2013

Looks great! I love this!

I would love for you to share and link up at my weekly TGIF Link Party if you haven’t already this week. Your favorite posts, most popular, recent or new! The party is open every Thursday night and closes Wednesday’s at midnight. Followed by (Not SO) Wordless Wednesday! I would be honored if you join us! Have a wonderful week!

Hugs, Cathy

July 7, 2013

Thank you! I link there every week already!

Krista Low says:
    July 9, 2013

I love this functional and customizable DIY project! This is being featured @ Great Idea Thursday’s this week 🙂 Thanks so much for linking up with me 🙂 Krista @ A Handful of Everything

Jamie says:
    July 10, 2013

What a great idea! Thank you so much for sharing at Give Me The Goods Monday!
    Jamie @
    Better With Age

Leah says:
    July 11, 2013

I have been wanting to make one of these for a long time and just keep putting it off! I love it. thanks for sharing at the Friday Follow Along.

July 13, 2013

Thought I had already, woops! It’s done now! Thanks so much!

11. That would be so cute on my fridge to keep my shopping list!

July 13, 2013

Oh yeah! I’m glad you like it, thank you!!

July 14, 2013

Thank you for sharing this! I can’t believe how easy that is to do. I was expecting it to be so much more involved. I love the way this turned out. You are right, it really is pretty! 🙂

Heather says:
    July 15, 2013

This is so pretty and functional too! Thanks for sharing at Project Inspired! Hope you can swing by the party tonight – 8 pm EST! Tx Heather

Judy says:
    July 15, 2013

Hi Dana,

This is really pretty and I might copy this project in the future. Thank you for sharing it Pin It Monday Hop. We are your project this week around Wednesday. Please stop by when you can.

Pursuit Of Functional Home

Andrea says:
    August 12, 2013

Hey…I was just thinking you might could make the dry erase board itself magnetic…like the ones you get innthe store. Just try putting one of those sheet magnets behind the deco paper. Just a thought. Especially if you use one of the larger picture frames to make a large board. Just use enough magnet to cover the whole area.

Christy says:
    July 18, 2014

Absolutely adorable idea! Have you had any issue with the board sliding or the magnets scratching the stainless steel? Thank you for sharing!